Super Bowl Sunday

Options
2»

Replies

• paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm making hot wings, stuffed mushrooms and jalapeno poppers. And will be consuming large quantities of beer!:drinker:
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Even though I mention the skinny taste website, I am not making anything off that website.

I have a tradition of trying to make something that invloves the cities the teams are from. This year, I am having Crab Chowder (with Maryland Blue Crab) served in (direct from San Francisco) sourdough bread bowls! I am SO excited for Sunday!

LET'S GO 49ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • stjohn2012
    Options
    doing oysters from Savanah GA -- broiled and some raw -- just not fried! chicken meatballs in marinara -- and stuffed mushrooms.

law cal beer and yes.....Vodka and soda w/lemon and limes.
  • Hisheri
    Options
    Thinking about making this recipe for Spring Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce

Spring Rolls:
    spring roll wrappers
    leaf lettuce, torn
    spicy peanut sauce {recipe below}
    vermicelli {rice} noodles, cooked
    rice wine vinegar
    carrots, shredded
    cilantro, torn
    mint {regular or chocolate}, torn
    basil {regular or thai}, torn
    napa cabbage, chopped
    • To assemble the spring rolls, soak a wrapper in warm water until pliable.
    • Place the lettuce on the bottom and top with about 1 tablespoon of sauce, add some noodles, carrots, herbs and the cabbage and wrap up as if you were wrapping a burrito.
    • Cut in half on the diagonal and serve when ready.

Spicy Peanut Sauce:
    1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
    2 garlic clove, chopped
    4 tablespoons red pepper flakes*
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
    2 tablespoon peanut butter
    2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
    2 teaspoon tomato paste or ketchup
    1 1/2 teaspoons sugar

• In a pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil and cook the onions, garlic and red pepper flakes.
    • Add the remaining ingredients and combine. Cook for about 5-6 minutes.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    oven baked chicken wings, spinach dip with french bread, that's all i can think of right now. I'll have to go through my snack recipes to see what else I'll throw down.
  • Hisheri
    Options
    If you use Pinterest, here are some GREAT recipes: http://pinterest.com/healthworks/healthy-super-bowl-recipes/
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Was thinking about making the buffalo chicken in the crockpot as someone else posted or a buffalo chicken dip, pizza, veggies and dip, chips, maybe a beer bread with some crab dip too? Not entirely sure yet. And some kind of dessert. Can't forget that. Will be raiding my pinterest board as well!!

Oh, and I don't plan to log that day! lol