What can I do with black beans?

Options

Replies

• curlygirly80
    Options
    Black Bean Brownies

One 14.5 can of black beans (pureed with juices)
    1 Box Brownies mix

Bake and eat!!

Sounds weird but its delicious. YOu don't even taste the bean
  • caramel1920
    Options
    Y'all are making me hungry! My dietician told me to get a vegeterian cook book for ideas like these (haven't gotten one yet) but you guys have great ideas!!!! I only use black beans in my turkey chili, dip, and on the side of a protein!
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Prepare with garlic and Salsa in a pan, spread over rice with Grilled Chicken
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am in love with these sweet potato & black bean quesadillas: http://www.thelawstudentswife.com/2012/10/sweet-potato-black-bean-quesadillas/

I added baby spinach to mine. The quesadilla filling is also a pretty awesome dip.

I also really like a bowl of black beans and brown rice with an over-medium egg on top. Add some hot sauce and it is really heavenly.
  • annecat5
    Options
    Everyone has a great vegetarian chili recipe on here. Mine is really simple and QUICK.

1 can black beans
    1 can chili hot beans
    1 can hominy
    1 can golden corn
    1 can rotel tomatoes with green chilis
    1 can (small) tomato paste
    1 onion chopped (I like to leave it crunchy so I don't sautee it)
    TONS of garlic :laugh:
    1 pack chili seasoning

Do NOT drain vegetables. Dump everything into a large pot with a can and a half of water. Heat to boiling then simmer for 15 minutes or so. Like I said, I like the onions crunchy, so my chili is done in about 25 minutes total. Even tastes good cold :happy:
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Add them to salads to add some proteins!
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    can of rinsed black beans
    1 c frzn corn
    can of lo sodium diced toms
    veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, spinach, onions, peppers, etc)
    minced garlic
    sliced jalepano or pablano pepper
    cumin & chili powder to taste
    lo sodium chix broth - enough to make a stoup

simmer and serve over brown rice &/or chix breast
  • LouiseH238
    LouiseH238 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I like to take a can of drained black beans and add them to a pan of chopped garlic and onion. Simmer them with a tablespoon of water for about twenty minutes. This is delicious piled over a baked potato with a slice of reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese and some mushrooms sauteed in a tiny bit of olive oil and some garlic.
  • anettesol
    anettesol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    yum, i put them in everything,, salads, soups, stir frys,, rice .
    Yep
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Make Taco Soup

1 15 oz can Corn
    1 15 oz can black beans
    1 15 oz can dark red kidney beans
    1 10 oz can Rotel
    1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
    1 packet dry taco seasonings
    1 packet dry ranch seasoning
    1 medium yellow onion
    1-2 lbs lean ground beef

Drain the corn, black beans, and dark red kidney beans and put in crock pot. Add Rotel, crushed tomatoes, taco seasonings, and ranch seasonings. Chop the onion and add to the crock pot. Brown the beef and add to crock pot. Set on high for 1 hour then turn to low and allow to simmer for at least 1 more hour.

I like to serve mine with tostitos scoops chips. The kids use the chips instead of spoons.
  • mrsstevenson99
    mrsstevenson99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sweet Bean Burritos! Add a can (drained and rinsed) to some mashed sweet potatoes. Add some cumin and garlic. Super yummy!!
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Taco soup is delicious without meat too.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You've never had a black bean? LOL. We had them tonight - it was vegetarian night at our house. I made a layered casserole with fat-free cheese, salsa, corn, black beans, onion, spinach, and crushed baked Tostidos. Yum. It was 245 calories a serving. Here's probably my all time favorite - Black Bean Burritos from allrecipes.com -

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/delicious-black-bean-burritos/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=bean burritos&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e13=A:Search Results-List(control)
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    oh yum i love black beans............. (they make ya toot though! lol) .......i like to get some chicken tenders and cook them in the oven with some salt and pepper, maybe some seasoning, etc ..... then get a whole grain or spinach tortilla and put beans down and chopped tenders on it and load it up with greek yogurt. i swear that yogurt is better than sour cream......... YUM.......shredded cheddar if you allow it ;)
  • jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I put them in turkey tacos! yum and makes it more filling.
    I use wonton wrappers instead of taco shells
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ...I have made black bean brownies( really good)... add to salads...tacos, etc.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    brownies.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I THINK THAT YOU CAN USE IT TO KILL A ZOMBIE AND BE ALIVE AND LIVE TO FIGHT ZOMBIE