Mushrooms

Options
13»

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I make mushroom + leek risotto with barley instead of rice. It's amazing.

recipe, please!

Here ya go =)

http://happygoodtime.com/2012/03/06/pearl-barley-risotto-with-mushrooms-and-leeks/
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    For someone that hates to cook (me), I usually just stir fry with olive oil, onion and garlic.
  • kelleyannclemons
    kelleyannclemons Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Portabello Mushroom Melt

Mist portabello mushroom with olive oil and set atop a thin layer of minced garlic. Place desired amount of mozzarella cheese on top and set in oven to broil. Broil until done (however you prefer.) You could also cook the portabello on the stove in garlic first and then melt the mozzarella cheese. Mix salad greens with balsamic vinager and red onions. Place on top of the mushroom. I prefer to use the Rosemary Olive Oil Flat Outs, but you could use any type of bread (ciabatta or other type of dense bread would be really good.

calories depend on type of cheese (I use 2% shredded) and type of bread. If you use 1/4 cup or less of 2% shredded mozzarella and the flat out bread, you are looking at right around 200 calories for the huge sandwich.
  • kathheen
    kathheen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Fry off some onions add mushrooms season add garlic then heat through philidelphia cheese/cream cheese have with baked potato or on toast