Need friends and support aand help please.

Options
I need to loose 40 lbs. I started 3 weeks ago. Lost 4.5lbs first week. 3.5 2nd and nothing this week. Very depressed about this week. I did everything the same. I am looking for friends and support also. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• arasjero
    Options
    Hey there,
    new to this site, not new to the dieting thing! are you exercising as well as dieting? that has always been my downfall.. i do one and not the other and somehow i can never do both at the same time! are you basically healthy but missing it by 40 lbs? me too. i was looking into getting a tummy tuck and lipo and after reading all this stuff online, i just don't know anymore. trying one more time to do it on my own.. or at least with support from the cyber world. tell me your story :)
  • ldenker
    ldenker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I concentrated on how much sugar I was eating each week, this seemed to help! Hang in there1:wink:
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I need to see your diary to help you
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 40 lbs. I started 3 weeks ago. Lost 4.5lbs first week. 3.5 2nd and nothing this week. Very depressed about this week. I did everything the same. I am looking for friends and support also. What am I doing wrong?

I do not think that you should be depressed at all! You have lost 8 lbs which means you are1/5th of the way to your goal already. Hun, if you want to switch up a few things that is fine, but do not be disappointed in what you have already achieved! Good Luck!!
  • mitziku
    mitziku Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree about already losing and being 1/5 of the way to your goal. That is great that you have lost! I have had so many plateaus that I have lost count. Don't lose the faith! Up your water consumption a little, make sure your protein intake is high, and low to no sugar intake. You've got this!
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

I think that eight pounds in three weeks is a lot! You probably dropped a lot of water weight the first week. Keep doing what you're doing... Your body will adjust. What exactly are you doing to lose the weight?
  • linsrae1
    Options
    Hey! Hang in there! It will come. I have lost 70 lbs so far. There were weeks when I lost really well and weeks when I didn't lose any. It has taken me 4 years to lose this much. Most of it was done in 2 years. Being healthy is not an easy process!

A temporary stop in weight loss may happen with a big weight loss goal like yours.

Here's some ideas to keep your spirits up and start losing again.

-Take measurements: This isn't fun now. However, most likely you will start to lose some inches before you lost a lot of the weight. This is because you are starting to develop and strengthen muscles, which can balance out some of the fat you lose! This is good. It will help you in the long run. So, one way to keep seeing some change is to see the difference in your waist size or arm size.

-Keep up a food diary. Every day. I know it's annoying, but YOU MUST DO THIS. You must be completely honest with yourself about what and when you are eating. Then you can analyze if there are any problems (eating too many carbs, eating too little protein, eating too late in the day). This website is really great for logging your meals and snacks.

-Vary your exercise. 3 weeks is a good time for a plateau to hit, sadly! Do you do the same exercise all the time? Change it up! Take some classes, try Pilates! Do strength training. Run on treadmill versus using the elliptical. Your body may have started to get used the w/e you are doing, which could slow down your weight loss.

-Focus more on healthy choices and changing your body to HEALTHY rather than skinny. If you make yourself strong, fit and healthy, the weight will come off. I promise this. Eat more veggies, make sure you get healthy levels of fruit in your diet, etc. Get rid of bad habits and don't eat or drink processed or fake foods.

Some good things to think about...your weight loss already has been OUSTANDING. Most people lose approx. 1-2 lbs a week. If your goal is losing 1-2 lbs a week, you will be healthier during your weight loss journey. Also, your body will be able to keep up with this type of loss better than 3-4 lbs a week (i.e give your skin a change to shrink!)

Also, keep in mind that so many things impact weight loss. From hormonal changes to water weight, etc. I hope this little mini novel helps!
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Remember women's bodies can fluctuate a lot with weight loss depending on where we are on our cycles.....keep up the hard work and you will see the results.
  • chrischris76
    chrischris76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, don't feel so down. I've tried a lot of diets and I've learned that the slower the weight comes off, the longer it STAYS off! I've tried diets where I lost 8lbs in one week and it stood off for a few days and was back on! but after exercising and trying to eat right, I noticed the weight coming off slowly but staying off. They say the first 2 weeks you'll lose fast because of a lot of water weight... I think you'll continue to lose. You seem dedicated! Stay strong! you can do it! My goal is 15 more lbs by April. I'm hoping to make it as well!
  • KamalBhai
    KamalBhai Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @Vitanj
    You are doing good....so don't get depressed at all if you are unable to lose in the last week....and don't expect much weight loss in short period.....Remember "Slow and steady wins the race" :) .... Feel free to add me.
  • vitanj
    vitanj Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just opened Diary. Thanks didn't noit was locked.
  • shannmarie87
    Options
    looking for friends for support and occasional advice feel free to send me a request id love to know you!

shannon :)
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. I have been working on this since Sept! and its a slow process. One week recently I did awesome on exercise and diet, but night before weigh in (weigh in is at a support group, no scale here in house) I had pizza w/my son. Gained 2 lbs! Oh well, no biggie. Knew the sodium was going to be a killer. Plus I had added a new work out and so muscle was probably retaining water too. Next weigh in lost 4 lbs. Its all good.

Didn't gain this weight in mere months but over 19 years! Its going to take a long time to get it off and that's ok cuz I want to change the way I see food and the choices I make, that way when I do reach my goal it will be so much easier to maintain. The good habits will be firmly in place. I am enjoying the process of learning to make better choices and getting my body stronger.

I just log my food daily and commit to that day. One day at a time is working for me. If I take the view, OMG, I have only lost 25 lbs in 5 months and I have 60 more to go, it would frustrating and negative. So today I am choosing to be healthy and building a stronger body. Setting small goals. Goal am on currently is doing a 5k run with a friend in June, helps me to keep doing these dang videos until weather cooperates for outside work.
  • bigatthebeach
    bigatthebeach Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know how active you've been over your lifetime. However, if you have been very active throughout your life my suggestion would be to lose the scales and judge your success by using a tape measure and the fitting of your clothing. I was always active so when I start exercising I start building muscle mass and sometimes that appears that I haven't lost an ounce. When you know that you've poured your heart and soul into your exercise, let's say for two weeks and see no change it can get depressing. But take our a pair of pants or an article of clothing that you've not been able to get into and try it on. Use that same item each time, to chart your progress and as an incentive to be able to get back into that item. Say if you couldn't get them on in the first week and then in week two you are able to get them on but not close them; and in week three you can close them but they are comfortable to wear for an extended period of time. Then in week six you can wear them and they are fitting like they were design to, you know that you've lost even if the scales don't register your lost. Graduate from scales is the best thing and also track you meals. Best of luck.

Big at the Beach