Cottage Cheese why do my taste buds hate you so?!

Options
13»

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    The lower the fat the worse the flavor. Full fat tastes best.
  • nitrogen_widget
    nitrogen_widget Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with frozen blueberries is how I used to take it.
    Until I discovered greek yogurt.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with a bit of salt and pepper. I like it but I didnt like it when I was younger. Dont eat it if you dont like it! Find something you DO enjoy! :)

What about eating it with some strawberries? IDK.
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like black pepper in mine. Here are a list of things i've added to my Cottage cheese:
    pineapple, pears, tomatos, red or green peppers.
    sometimes i use Nortons Nature seasonings also. So you can add many things to it to make it your own. :)
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Eugh! who eats off-milk?

Its curds and whey - isn't it.

Ergo, the curds could then be made into cheese....

so, a lot of people.
  • Sw33tKnees
    Sw33tKnees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ah, thank you for reminding me I need to get cottage cheese!
    I hated it as a kid, but then I realized it was because it was always served to me with fruit. I love fruit, just not a fan of those textures together.

Ditto!! Now I love it! I add it my protein shakes for an extra boost, when I am cooking eggs, to my tuna fish or just salt and pepper!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I put 1/2 to 1 cup in my shake every day :) I can't even imagine eating it from a bowl, but I have texture issues.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am so with you! My collegue eats it every day, and no matter how many times I've tried and different ways, it still gags me. Give me almond butter any day!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why eat it if you don't like it??

maybe you need to reread my post. I <3 cottage cheese i am just very brand specific. They were out of what i usually buy so i tried something else and it's disgusting.

Ahhhh - I see. I HATE when that happens!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I add a tbsp of bacon bits to mine.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Luck for me I love it, and it I am eating the usual type, pepper is all I need. However I have trying to reduce my sodium and boy does all of the usual brands have a lot of sodium per cup. So I have been making special trips to a store that carries low sodium version, and yes it's rather bland because of this so I had a bit of Stevia and some Chia Seeds and I just love it!!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I just sit down with a tub of it and a spoon and actually have a hard time stopping before it's all gone.
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bake with it! I hate cottage cheese but my hubby makes these little cottage cheese muffins that are to DIE for with cornmeal, flour, greek yogurt, oil, eggs and herbs. Cant find the recipe but WOW!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Only brand I have found so far, that I can eat regularly and enjoy on it's own is lidl/aldi brand. Mind you, I am in the Uk, so not sure if the Aldi there will have the same product. I hate the watery stuff and prefer it to be dense.
  • cacounsell
    Options
    Check out the difference in ingredients...Daisy only has milk, cream and salt (and Vit A)...all other brands have other gunk in addition. You're probably picking up on the additives and thickeners they use. I have always loved, loved, loved cottage cheese, but was very brand specific, because the taste and texture is so different from brand to brand. I wanted to switch to Daisy because of the "cleaner" ingredients...it took a little while to adjust, but I love it now.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    try adding fruit to it. Sounds weird i know, but it's so good.
    Peaches or pineapple go together with cottage cheese like peanut butter and jelly, trust.

Yes they do!

Cottage cheese is a lot like tofu in that many of us have to dress it up in order to actually enjoy it. Going spicy or fruity works really well. You could also try adding honey or brown sugar. There are a lot of ways to doctor it up in a healthy fashion. I don't like it plain either.