Bigger containers Greek yogurt?

Options
2»

Replies

• LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Fage has the big size. And to me- it's the best brand overall anyway.

I totally concur! Eat it EVERYDAY!!!!!
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    Options
    You can also strain your regular yogurt to make it thick like Greek. That's all Greek is- yogurt with the liquid drained off.

Use a strainer with cheesecloth or a nylon stocking to strain - takes about an hour or two per 48 oz tub.

Most people eat greek yogurt for the nutritional value-the protein is way highter than regular yogurt. It being thick is not the only difference and straining regular yogurt would not be a suitable substitute for the value of greek yogurt.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Chobani has larger containers, but it's actually MORE EXPENSIVE by volume than buying the small ones, at least at the grocery stores I go to, so I just buy the little ones.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I buy a 35 oz tub of 0% Fage from costco every week. It's only 5 bucks there.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yep, top shelf above the single serves...most popular is Chobani and Fage..at least those are the larger sizes my grocery store carries.
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    Options
    I eat Greek yogurt everyday (Oikos 0% plain). It's frustrating that it comes in such a small container. Does anyone know of any brands that come in a bigger container size?
    I make a gallon of mik into yogurt every week in the crock pot by saving about a cup back as a starter.
    Cheap cheap cheap. Lots of recipes on the web.

doesn't make "greek" yogurt tho...
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the company's website will have a where to find feature. You should check their website.

ETA: Fix my bad grammar. :\
  • Greek Gods containers are usually sold at 24oz.
    They have plain, non-fat plain, vanilla, honey, honey-strawberry, lemon, orange, blueberry in that size.

It's a little sweeter in taste to chobani.

Each tin is about 4.5-5$.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options