150 to 120 lbs: Does anybody else have similar goals?

Options
Hey guys! I'm relatively new to this site and am looking for members who have similar stats/goals as me.

I'm 5'5", currently weigh between 145 and 150 lbs and am planning to lose about 30 lbs in the next 6 months. I'm hoping that if we have the same stats and/or goals we'll have similar diet and exercise habits as well.

Other stuff:
I'm allergic to dairy but like to cook (non-dairy/vegan recipe swap!?)
I'm currently marathon training, so if you like to run and have nobody to talk to about your exhaustively detailed running schedule, I'm your girl!

Or if you just want to be friends I'm totally down for that, too! :D

Replies

• sunkissedyoga
    sunkissedyoga Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a marathon as well!

I'm 147 and only need to lose 10 more lbs (I'm 5'10) and running is going to help me with that.
    I have a 8 month old son and am getting healthy for next pregnancy because I did not like how much weight I gained with my son (52lbs)
    add me as a friend I live in Seoul.
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'1 and currently 155lbs want to lose at least 20 lbs and recently started the couch25k.
  • threeringedgirl
    Options
    5'4 a bit under 140 shooting for 120 maybe....? vegan... not a marathoner but i rock climb can that count?

hahaha i feel like im responding to a singles add :]
  • leopardvice
    Options
    I'm training for a marathon as well!

I'm 147 and only need to lose 10 more lbs (I'm 5'10) and running is going to help me with that.
    I have a 8 month old son and am getting healthy for next pregnancy because I did not like how much weight I gained with my son (52lbs)
    add me as a friend I live in Seoul.

good for you! i have an 8 month old daughter and am also 5'10, unfortunately ive got 8 pounds on you!! i gained 60 with my pregnancy. how did you lose yours??? i work so hard! run 5+ miles a day... its not coming off! do you have a very strict diet?
  • SunshineDaily
    SunshineDaily Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey that's me too! I'm 5feet5 too and I used to weigh 166 pounds, now I'm 142. I'm going down to 120 mostly because I want to live longer, feel fabulous and avoid health problems.
    I go to the gym BUT (unlike you) I'm afraid of running! I have this idea that I can't really run or that I shouldn't (sidewalks and concrete "bad for knees"). Maybe I'll get over that!
    I've taken a week long break from the gym but I'm starting again tomorrow and I'll do at least 30 mins of exercise (and sweating!) every day.
    Like you I don't eat dairy (don't eat wheat either) and I eat about 50% raw and 50% cooked.
    I just found out about Tami Shumate and think she's really inspiring. If she can transform her health and lose 188 pounds, we can transform ours and lose 20!
  • ohskinnyme
    Options
    I started at 170ish and am now 136, would like to get down to 120, but that might be a dream (I have heavy bones.)

I make a lot of vegan food, and am also wheat / gluten free (another great way of losing weight quickly and healthily.)

I've sent you a friend request! <3 Good luck with your goals!
  • EllenFuller
    Options
    I started at 204 and would like to get down to 125 or 130, but I would go for 135. doing the hcg diet and really like it.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6. My highest weight was 220. I am currently at 215. My goal is 145. My goal time is 6 months. The trainer I work with at the gym says that it's doable if I work really really hard!!!

I'm using the Diet Solution Program for the nutritional side to it, As far as exercising goes, I do cardio 6 days a week (stairs, elliptical treadmill) in addition to 200 crunches and 5 plank lifts. Then two days a week, with my trainer we do strength training with weights, upper and lower body. I still do my stairs, crunches and lifts, and mixes a little cardio in there.

God bless!
  • rnewman247
    Options
    Hello, I'm Rhonda. At 5'3 and approx. 130lbs. My goal is to firm up and energize. If I lose 15-20lbs in the process well that'll be great.
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and at my heaviest I was 160lbs. I started MFP at 141 lbs and I'm currently 120. I wanna lose at least ten more pounds :)
  • DancerDenae
    Options
    I am 5, 8' and I weigh 150 pounds. I want to weight 120 pounds in 6 months. If you have anything that is working for you, I'd love to hear. Thanks!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the Spartan Race, and have run a marathon before! Good luck!

Would love to swap horror/success stories! :D
  • AnaSavic
    Options
    I'm 5'10, 23 yo.

Current weight : 150 lbs
    Goal weight : 120 lbs
    I started my diet plan ( vegetables, fruits, fish and chicken only- no alcohol ) today.

Workout plan: 20 minutes running, 20 minutes weights
    Hoping to lose 30 lbs in the next 3 months!

If anyone has any other diet and exercise tips/recommendations- feel free to message me!

Tnx,
    Ana Banana
  • cmblue3
    Options
    Hi! new at this site too and am looking for some online support :-) I'm in the same boat - I gradually gained about 15 pounds since my Sept. 2011 wedding. I'm 5'4" at 148 and want to lose 20-30 pounds. Right now I'm just working on losing the first five pounds, taking it one step at a time. Good luck!!
  • emmph
    emmph Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Sadie! I'm 5'5 (and a half, that's important!) and I'm currently around 160. I'm hoping to get down to 120!

In time I hope to start building up so I can run a 10k or maybe even a marathon one day. Any tips would be great since I'm getting ready to start up!
  • leslieseeds
    Options
    That's me as well! I'm 20, 5'5'' and 1/2... and I weigh anywhere from 147-150. I'd love to get down to 130 or even the mid 120's in the next couple of months! I gained weight in college and while working in a kitchen, and I've just felt weighed down since. I'm ready to feel light and happy again!