It's finals time, and I'm stressing

Options
All this studying is making me SO HUNGRY.

Any snack ideas that will really keep me full for a long time and keep my mind OFF food and ON my exams??

Thanks!
Lauren

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Oh so know how you feel. I just got done with my last exam today - now I'm out! BUT this whole past week I've been eating like crazy because of the stress. Funny today my appetite is back to normal and I'm not craving all those snacks. But, this may not be the case for you but for me I just eat even when I'm not hungry when stressed. The best thing I found was to take a walk or just get up and do something rather than eat so I could clear my head. It wouldn't have mattered what snacks I got because nothing would satisfy me. So.. I would just say take a walk or exercise some how to help cope with the stress and focus better.

I wish you all the luck on your finals though!
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    You're so right. I feel the same way. I feel like my appetite is insatiable. Maybe I will take a walk or something. That's a good idea. Thanks for the feedback!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My suggestions are sugar-free gum (gives you the feeling of chewing and some flavor) and ice cold water. Challenge yourself to drink a glass or two of water prior to going for another snack. Most likely you'll get full from the water and/or getting up to use the ladies room, you wont want to get another snack.

Also, you might try brushing your teeth. I know a lot of people that trick works for...there aren't many food that taste really well with a fresh toothpaste taste in your mouth! :drinker: Cheers to you on your finals, I hope they go well!
  • eschanck
    eschanck Posts: 1
    Options
    me too! Some healthy snacks that I have found are:

Baby carrots and other veggies
    Add some hummus to yourveggies!
    Quaker chewy granola bars/special k bars
    Apples and other fresh fruit
    Raisins and other dried fruit like craisins
    Cheerios
    Pretzels
    String cheese
    Cliff kids fruit twists (a whole serving of fruit!)
    Semi- sweet chocolate chips

Also, chewing mint gum (any gum really but especially mint) can help you focus and fight cravings!)

Goodluck on your finals!