Feel thinner . look thinner - yet no weight loss in 2 wks

Options
2»

Replies

• oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My weight has remained 162 for the past 6 weeks but I've lost 10lbs of body fat and one dress size. Just because the scale doesn't move, doesn't mean things aren't happening!
  • kellensdad
    kellensdad Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    As stated earlier, don't go by the scale, right now. If you just began lifting weights you need to understand that your body is storing water due to muscle repair. When you've never lifted before and start lifting, you will notice some pain from your muscles, this is normal. When this is happening, your body is storing water to help repair the "damage" that you are doing to your muscles. It might seem that you are not dropping pounds the way you want, but you need to go by what you see in the mirror and the measuring tape rather than the scale. Your body will catch up to what you want, in time, but it takes time. Hang in there, you didn't put all this weight on in 2 weeks, don't expect to drop it in 2 weeks.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You have probably hit a plateu, which is quite normal during a weight loss journey. Maybe try zig zagging your calories? Sounds like you are doing everything right...just do something to mix up your routine a bit. Whether with your calories or your workout. Your body may have just gotten comfortable with what you have been doing. Definitely don't give up! I was there...and will probably be there again. Consistency and persistence is key! Good luck!
    Edit: Like everyone else said, definitely measure during this time. Although the scale may not be budging, you can bet you have lost inches (which is more important, visually anyway).
  • sardesc
    sardesc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the scale. I'm a little OCD so I kept track of my fat loss with a spreadsheet detailing my measurements every 2 weeks. Now I measure once a month. In a 4 month period I lost no weight, but 2 clothing sizes (I lift weights and do cardio). Drink lots of water and keep eating health and exercising. You have to be dedicated and consistent to see results and keep them!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    If you feel thinner and look thinner why give up? Keep up the good work great results are only around the corner for you.

Exactly-don't give up just cause of what the scale says. Don't rely on that, start taking measurements and pictures instead.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    You're probably losing inches, which is a good thing! Take measurements!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    MEASURE, MEASURE, MEASURE!!!

I have only lost 15-20 lbs since August but, OMG, the measurements are so different! I look thinner after losing those 15-20 lbs then I did when i lost the first 26!!

You are gaining Muscle Mass! Remember, a lb of msucle takes up less space then a lb of fat!!

^what she said^
  • gallingers06
    gallingers06 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Keep working out. I gained 1.5 lbs, just to find out that I had gone from 40% body fat mass to 36%. A 4% drop! This is happening to you, so your strengthening your body and losing fat. It took more than two weeks to gain, it will take more than two weeks to lose it. You can do this, just give yourself time! :wink:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I have 40 lbs to lose. Doing MFP and i am doing 1500 - 2000 cal /day, cardio and weights 5x week. I have not lost 1 lb in 2 weeks, but i feel thinner! people are telling me i look thinner! Water Weight?....about to give up...any thoughts:cry:

Think about that for a minute. "TOPIC: Feel thinner . look thinner" How terrible? "I have not lost 1 lb in 2 weeks" Do you think that's a long period of time? Sounds like you're doing terrific!
  • jwilliams20
    Options
    You are most likely gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. I know this because it is happening to me:wink:
  • fitmomforu
    fitmomforu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My trainer said go by inches as number 1:flowerforyou:
  • auntmandi
    auntmandi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a long history of weightlifting. I am 60 now and I can see cuts in my legs and arms after about 3 weeks. If you have a muscle base you may start to see results very quickly. I have lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks but people are commenting on improvements. Keep going.
    If you just recently started lifting weights, then you are probably increasing lean body mass and losing fat...which is the ideal scenario. If that is the case, don't worry about it and ride it for as long as you can. Most people would love to be in the position of losing fat and gaining muscle. The scale really doesn't matter as much when you are changing the composition of your body.

She has not built muscle in just 2 weeks.

It's all water retention from the workouts, this will decrease eventually and you will see the loss your after. Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You are gaining MUSCLE, which burns fat which is great!