Anyone who is 5ft 2 success stories please :-)

Options
Hey all

I am 5ft 2 and was just wondering if anyone could post your results and maybe some before and after pictures? I have started Mfp at 172lbs and am aiming to get down to 126lbs.

I'm also looking for inspirational friends so any adds would be much appreciated.

Lou x

Replies

• shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft. 1/2 in., starting weight on MFP 182lbs., current weight is 107lbs. I have actually lost 83lbs since January 2011 and joined MFP in November of the same year. I know it sounds like a cliche but it is a lifestyle change. I realized that I needed to lose weight after seriously breaking my leg in July of 2011. I log in every day and mange my calories like my checkbook. I workout hard because I wanted to be super fit. All I can say to you is that it is worth every minute of effort to get to the weight you want to be at. I eat plenty of food, just healthy food and I always, always stay within my calorie allotment. I love being super fit and thin more than I want to eat junk. I recently logged in for over 400 days in a row. I am not bragging just pointing out that consistency, perseverance and the desire to reach your goal weight is key. When I reached my goal weight I bought new jeans. I eat the same way now as I did before I reached my goal weight in October. I call it sustainable eating. I will end here that I am a perfect example of if I can do it anybody can. If you are serious about working hard to get where you want to be then add me as a friend. You can do this!!
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.3 and started at 199lbs in July 2012 (210lbs at my heaviest). I'm currently sitting at 166, I gave myself a year to lose 64lbs so I'm halfway there. I have progress pics on my profile. Take it one day at a time and keep yourself accountable. Remember, it's not a race, it will take you time but it will be well worth it in the end.
  • carfamily08
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 5'2" too. I was around 125-130 pre-kids, had 3 kids in 3 years and gained an extra 40lbs along the way (more during pregnancy but I kept a good 40lbs on after/between them too!). This past summer after my 3rd was born I had settled back in the 165-170 range and was not happy with my body at all. I decided in September to start watching what I ate a bit more closely and start getting into better habits. I wasn't expecting major changes just yet since I was nursing and had not lost much weight nursing in the past with my first two. I ended up losing about 11lbs. in the first month (from 170 to 159), then in October I slowed down (and even stalled for a bit) and only lost a few more pounds. Towards the end of that month a friend and I decided to challenge ourselves and do the 30 Day Shred during November. I also decided to start tracking on MFP again. Shortly after coming back to MFP I found the "In Place of a Roadmap Thread" and figured out my BMR & TDEE and adjusted my calories accordingly. The weight has pretty much come off steadily since then, 1-2lbs. a week on average. In November & December alone I lost another 16ish pounds and I've lost about 5lbs since the beginning of 2013. All in all I'm down 35lbs and 3-4 sizes in clothes. I finished the 30 Day Shred and am working my way through Ripped in 30 and doing Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism now. As well as making sure I hit 10k steps on my FitBIt daily. I eat everything in moderation, just make sure I make good choices but allow myself my favorite splurges from time to time and stay in my calorie goals :)

This is my most recent before & after.

At 170:
    8381315531_6b52c923e3_m.jpg

From a few weeks back, around 138:
    8382384482_0d23d93c9a_n.jpg

Getting under 130 would be ideal but for now I'm just taking it a pound at a time! I'm still exclusively nursing my baby too so things my stall out or may change when I wean her so it's hard to say :)

Best of luck to you!
  • wendypete97
    Options
    I am 5'2 and my heaviest weight was 226 back in 2009. I was sad, tired, unhealthy and sat on the sidelines. I have released 87# and 106" off my body, after committing to my health in March 2011! Now I have ENERGY, HAPPINESS and run the 5k's with my family! My goal is to lose 100# by July of this year.
  • helloimangela
    Options
    AMAZING!
  • kimmy_1432
    kimmy_1432 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'2 and started MFP at 217 lbs. Right now I'm at 204. I know this isn't a "success story" YET because I'm just starting out in my journey. I've tried to lose weight my ENTIRE life off and on and nothing seemed to work and honestly I think its because I was looking at it in a complicated way. With MFP I have learned its as simple as staying under your calorie goal, for a while at least. Yes you need to eat healthier. Yes you need to be more active. For me those 2 rules are hard to stick to. I'm super super lazy and love sweets. I'm currently fighting a sugar addiction right now. But if I can start losing weight I honestly believe anyone can. I now try and sub my sweets for fruits and my laziness for lazy girl fitness, which is an article I found a while back.

http://violetsage.wordpress.com/tag/lazy-girl-fitness/

But anyways, the point is, if your even half as lazy and more motivated then me, your going to have 2ce the success. And I'm not bashing on myself, I'm just stating the truth. If lazy unmotivated sugar addicted girls like me can find success in MFP then I don't see why anyone else wouldn't. Good luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!