Christian Mom Losing 100+ Pounds

Options
Hi everyone. I'm 44 with two kids still at home (6 and 8) and I teach at our local college. I'm looking to lose just over 100 pounds and am on day 22 of my MFP journey. I'm working out at home (30 day shred, biggest loser, and some exercise ball DVDs) and am looking for a few Christian friends who want to support each other. Let me know if you'd like to join me! :smile:

Replies

• CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Excellent for you wanting to lose weight.
    May I ask why you are only asking for Christian friends?
  • Markus_7
    Markus_7 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    agree with last post...as a Christian myself: you could inspire non-Christians/be a testimony & support. you're on the path! best wishes in your journey to better health.
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    Hi there!

What do you teach? Do you like the 30 Day Shred? Nice to meet you & welcome! :smile:
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I agree why only christians i am one but i want to join with everyone just saying. Good luck with your weight loss and God bless you.
  • dbannister61
    Options
    Hi! I'm a Christian as well. My goal is to have my weight loss be a testimony for Him. I'm 51 and have been overweight since age 14. I've lost before but I always gave up. I too am on day 22 and going strong. I also need to lose about 100 pounds. This time its different. I've given this problem to Jesus. I know I cant do this alone but with Him all things are possible.

I understand your wanting to keep your posts to Christian friends for now though. I am not up for people's arguements against God, Jesus or religion in general like you get on social media all the time. Once I've dropped a few pounds - that are noticable - I believe its a better testimony for non-believers because they will be able to SEE the results and God's work in my life.

I'd be very happy to be your friend and with the Lord's help, we can offer some encouragement to each other, share excercise ideas and maybe some recipes!

God Bless you all
  • snowflakeheather
    snowflakeheather Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Doesn't have to be just Christians, but thought it would be nice to have friends who are integrating their faith into this weight loss journey. Just another angle for support!
  • Lonasue32
    Lonasue32 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. I totally understand about the spiritual aspect of this weight issue. It's not black and white if you are a Christian, you can't just separate food and exercise from faith, they all go together. It's not about excluding anyone it's about being able to relate on a different level.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Listen to this tune. It's very inspiring

http://youtu.be/FmQBshQ11uo
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm not religious so I'll just go now...
  • Shelialouise66
    Options
    Feel free to add me, Jesus lover here. The post above is a prime reason to request Christian friends. There have been posts that I was going to reply to, but started reading and it was just shameful. It is okay to disagree with people, but the nastiness is not necessary.

I like to surround myself with like minded people. Your core group can be Christian, then branch out.

Blessings,
  • annefrangos
    annefrangos Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • eegiomer
    Options
    Hi, I am a Christian mom too :) I think the main reason for asking for fellow believers is so you can support eachother in prayer in intercession :) feel free to add me, I don't care if you're a believer or not!
  • eegiomer
    Options
    Well said...
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Welcome to MFP so glad you have joined us. Feel free to add me!
  • lfane
    lfane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request. Thanks so much! Good thread.
  • JessikaBlayne
    Options
    Im not christian but im looking to lose over 100 pounds. Love supporting others. add if you wish
  • sarahgip
    Options
    i am new to MFP.. would like some friends who would suport me in my journey.
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Mom of three. Youngest is 16 years old. Also a follower of Jesus Christ! Would love to have supportive friends on MFP.
  • alpha622
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 61 and looking to lose about 33kgs think thats about 70lbs. On day 41 and have lost 5.9kgs. This is the first time I've seriously tried to lose weight and so far it's going well. I know it's not just me, God has a hand it this, a big hand. My inspiration for this is my 4 year old God-daughter, I want to be as fit as possible so I can keep up with her boundless energy. Haven't found out how to friend people in here yet, so please feel free to friend me.
  • Dannybravo1
    Dannybravo1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i have lost 143lbs by my own willpower i didn't need faith, but if you would like some support im willing to help.