Ok, this is a weird question, but....

Options

Replies

• stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Early onset puberty is the only thing I can think of. It's rare for it to start that early, but it does happen. I know two girls who started around that age, one of them had her first period when she was six.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Im AF too. What base are you at? I know it takes a long time to get an appointment but definitely call and schedule right away anyway.

I'm at Luke AFB, Glendale AZ. I am going to call first thing in the morning, as the problem is just, not really getting worse, but not getting better.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Use the armpit crystal deodorant! It's a natural mineral salt, looks like a rock. You just wet it, rub it on the armpit and no more body odor. It works wonders! No harmful chemicals whatsoever. I think it works on feet too. Or anywhere that smells.
  • 00sarah
    Options
    Early onset puberty is the only thing I can think of. It's rare for it to start that early, but it does happen. I know two girls who started around that age, one of them had her first period when she was six.

Oh my goodness. I *did start mine when I was nine... It's just such a frightening thing to think about. I suppose it is possible.
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Early puberty can happen as young as 3.. as scary as that is.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    My girls started getting that smell at about 7 and 8..It was awful,, Like a grown man!. I think it is all the hormones in food now that is doing this to them. We have since watched what milk and chicken we buy.. all hormone free now.
  • ACDodd
    ACDodd Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I checked Google and it seems that Soy Milk can cause body odor.
  • 00sarah
    Options
    Thank all of you for your input & advice! I will post tomorrow and let you know what advice I am given by whomever answers the phone. We have been here for 6 months and she has yet to see her assigned doctor!

Nope. No soy milk. She was breastfed until 9 months as well.
    Never had this problem with my son, who is 11 now.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sweat can start to smell when it hits bacteria, is it possible she might have some sort of skin infection/rash in the area?
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'd still get her checked. She's awful young to have apocrine glands working already. I believe they arent supposed to until puberty. It may be nothing but you never know. My daugher had armpit odor at the age of 7 so I took her to the Dr. and he said she was fine and to use powder like Shower to Shower on her after each bath. That was several years ago so I don't know if it's reccomended now. I'd at least call and ask before you use it. If not, put some regular deodorant on her. It probably wouldnt hurt anything.
    Oh yeah and my daughter had her first period at the age of 9, which I thought was insanely early, but her Dr. said she was fine. Crazy!
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It sounds crazy, but it could be the start of puberty. I remember talking about the onset of puberty in an Early Childhood and Development class and the prof mentioned that girls are getting their periods as young as 6-years-old ( Can you even imagine? I would have been terrified!) The average age these days is about 8 or 9, according to articles I've read recently. 3 years old does seem pretty early for body odor, but you never know. It could be (very) early signs of puberty.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Do you think if you called the doctor and mentioned you are worried about early puberty they might get you in sooner? Even if not I would phone and make an appointment now, even if its a couple of months away, you can always cancel it if the problem resolves itself.

Early puberty? She's 3!!!!!
    So you're concerned enough to mention on a message board an odour in your 3 year old that everyone has confirmed is not usual (and yes early puberty is possible), but not concerned enough to at least try and get a doctors appointment when clearly something is going on even if its not that?
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I had one daughter who started with that early in t.he same way. The pediatrician assured us that it was NOT early onset puberty. In fact, she did not start periods until she was 14 years old. It is a body chemistry thing. Use antibac soap under her arms. I did put a small amount of deoderant on her when she started kindergarten. They have kinds without heavy metals.
  • BlueLotusFlower
    BlueLotusFlower Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I second the baking soda. ACV is also really good too to add in baths and such. BO is a lot of times related to the styles of eating we partake in. Lots of clean eating can eliminate this problem, but since she is only 3, I would still seek professional advice.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Pat baking soda on her armpits. It works like a charm and doesn't have nasty chemicals in it. :flowerforyou:
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    maybe try looking up the symptom online and see if anything looks serious. also, im not normal a person that really sweats much, unless im working out, but i do find when the weather gets loopy like this i tend to sweat more.....maybe its just some bodies way of adjusting?
  • Lucia120382
    Options
    Parents... Help!!!! What is the deal, here? My 3 year old daughter has armpit odor like a teenager! She is bathed daily. We play outside (and live in Arizona, but it has been very mild weather, lately). I know she is too young for deodorant. Just wondering if anyone else has gone through this & what can be done? Sorry, didn't know where to post this!

Hello.
    I have nearly 6 years old son and I have the same problem. I think the same that he is too small for deodorant. If u find something let me know.
  • 00sarah
    Options
    Do you think if you called the doctor and mentioned you are worried about early puberty they might get you in sooner? Even if not I would phone and make an appointment now, even if its a couple of months away, you can always cancel it if the problem resolves itself.

Early puberty? She's 3!!!!!
    So you're concerned enough to mention on a message board an odour in your 3 year old that everyone has confirmed is not usual (and yes early puberty is possible), but not concerned enough to at least try and get a doctors appointment when clearly something
    is going on even if its not that.

That's a cruel response. I've tried calling multiple times, to be put on hold and disconnected. You obviously have no idea what it's like to rely on the healthcare I have to use.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Pat baking soda on her armpits. It works like a charm and doesn't have nasty chemicals in it. :flowerforyou:

o my dad uses that! its great!he has really sensitive 'pits' and cant use deorderant. thank god for baking soda!