Greek yogurt vs others

Options

Replies

• bigjretrac
    bigjretrac Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you want thick yogurt, Siggi's is pretty good. But it's not Greek style -- it's Icelandic style.

I had Siggi's for the first time last week!

The texture is different from greek yogurt, and it's not nearly as sweet, BUT its even healthier.
  • alimpetit
    Options
    Chobani non- fat plain yogurt is delicious with honey and berries!!
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Lot of protein for the number of calories. Less sugar, less carbs, less sodium, more calcium, and fat content isn't so bad if you stick to the lowfat or no fat versions.

Edit: I'm not trying to convince you to eat it. There is to much good food to eat things you don't like, if you don't like it don't eat it.
  • Lilith5
    Lilith5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I enjoy eating Muller Greek style yoghurts. Lovely creamy taste. Aldi do their own make are cheaper and taste great. I enjoy them and I'm fussy when it comes to choosing yoghurts
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan myself. I get it might be a better choice but there's only one yogurt (non-greek) I really enjoy and I'll stick to it.
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% Greek, use it in place of sour cream, sweeten it with some stevia or fresh fruit. 130 calories for a cup, 9 g sugar and 23 grams protein. Love it:)
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    T efirst time I tried it it was so good I thought it must be bad for you! My favorite is Fage non-fat and I add my own honey and/or fruit.
  • ShoshanahM
    ShoshanahM Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The vast majority of "Greek" style yogurts in the U.S. are just regular varieties of yogurt thickened with gelatin. Real Greek yogurt will be strained extensively to achieve that thickness. Check the label if you want to try actual Greek yogurt.
  • ifitdani
    Options
    I agree, Fage is the very best, I use it for so many things! I have literally eliminated anything mayonaise based in my house and NO ONE knows!! If you like just like yoplait yogurt, then try sprucing it up with honey or cinnamon, berries, or my newest fav, grapes, cut in half! DELISH! You can also replace sourcream with it! It is the most versatile item in my fridge! LOVE IT!!
  • deb2799
    deb2799 Posts: 45
    Options
    At first, I didn't like it, but now I LOVE IT. I get Fage or Oikos. I only get the fruit flavored ones.
  • njdiver23
    Options
    I swear by Chobani. The rest taste like they were filtered through dirty gym socks... : (~
  • musicrocks133
    musicrocks133 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Try the Danone Light and Fit Cherry. That is one only one I have liked so far.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Chobani is the best. I have far better taste than the vast majority of other people so you should take my word as gospel on the matter.
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    try fage, its the best one I've found
    [/quote

^This. Fage texture is unbelievably smooth and wonderfully delicious. Fage is hands down my favorite. Chobani is also good. I'm not sure where you live, but if you have a Wegmans grocery store - their store brand is surprisingly good.
  • pjpistek
    pjpistek Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have never been a yogurt fan and we just tried the Choboni with fruit on the bottom and I love it!! I like the thick creamy texture and the fruit is real fruit
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Dannon vanilla yogurt with granola and or fruit mixed in. Or the single activia cups of yogurt. I prefer the smooth texture over the greek yogurt.... Dairy freaks me out enough already the texture of greek is hair curling for me.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I used to hate Greek yogurt, too. Couldn't understand why everyone was raving about it. I tried several brands, flavors, etc. and finally gave up. Then one day, I tried a free sample for the heck of it and I liked it. Don't know why. I eat it all the time now (any brand or flavor). Odd.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    try fage, its the best one I've found

agree-it has the best texture and the least tang but the most protein. i like to get the plain and add a teaspoon of domino light stevia blend and a tablespoon of pb2...soooooo good!
  • jcaley
    jcaley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my fav is chobani, it has way more protein and less sugar and less sodium than most others.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I liked chobani greek yogurt as soon as I tried it. I didn't have to acquire a taste for it. That being said, some of the flavors aren't good at all imo. Others are great.