heat calories??

Options
Zylahe
Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
So the other day i was browsing for recipies and I came across two interesting versions of steak sandwich.
the first one a steak and beetroot sandwich comes in at 824 cals per serving. quite alot i thought but I was flabergasted when i found the warm steak and beetroot sandwich which has a whopping 1305 calories.
As far as i can tell both recipies use the same ingredients and the same method, (even the same photo)
so i can't work out why the discrepancy between the two. (both recipies serve 2 people)
could heating it equate to an extra 500 calories?? and should i be eating more icecream??

http://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/steak-and-beetroot-sandwich.html

http://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/warm-steak-and-beetroot-sandwich.html

Replies

• thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That sounds like bull to me
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    There's a bunch of inaccurate calorie information on this web-site, why should tesco be any different
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The consistency of heat and the length of time on the heat can fluctuate the amount of protein that remains in the meat. Ever see the red liquid that oozes out of the meat, and that's when you know it's ready? That's not blood. That's protein and water being excreted.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Email tescos and ask them to explain the difference. If there is a difference (e.g. if one contains a significantly larger quantity of any high calorie ingredients) then they'll explain it. If they made a mistake, I hope this would make them correct it.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    There's likely errors on the site, and when you follow the link to the shopping list, you'll find the ingredients they expect you to use are different.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Every little Helps
  • Loopy_1980
    Loopy_1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    should i be eating more icecream??

LOL!! Brilliant :D
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    If it's Tesco maybe one contains horse meat and the cals are different to actual steak... :P
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Was there some sort of dressing added to one and not the other?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm looking at them and can see no difference in either the ingredients or the method. I was going to email Tesco for you, but I can't even find an email address! Though they do have a twitter account.
  • siomonwitt
    Options
    Hello Friends,
    We all of us know that there are many options to burn calories like gym , jogging , aerobics , running on treadmill , morning walk, brisk walk , evening walk , fitness saunas and many more. But the question strikes in the mind do we continue regular . the answer is "NO".
    The best way to burn calories is 40 minutes walk regularly. We should avoid junk foods. Drink 10 to 15 glasses of water.

Always keep Smiling

Thanks and Regards,
    Take care
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,
    We all of us know that there are many options to burn calories like gym , jogging , aerobics , running on treadmill , morning walk, brisk walk , evening walk , fitness saunas and many more. But the question strikes in the mind do we continue regular . the answer is "NO".
    The best way to burn calories is 40 minutes walk regularly. We should avoid junk foods. Drink 10 to 15 glasses of water.

Always keep Smiling

Thanks and Regards,
    Take care

awkward :huh:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,

Always keep Smiling

Thanks and Regards,
    Take care

What the what?

89424_o.gif
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    One of them probably has some undisclosed horse meat in it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    The consistency of heat and the length of time on the heat can fluctuate the amount of protein that remains in the meat. Ever see the red liquid that oozes out of the meat, and that's when you know it's ready? That's not blood. That's protein and water being excreted.

Can someone point me to a source that clarifies that meat juice is protein falling out of the meat? Thanks. Too lazy to Google.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options

Can someone point me to a source that clarifies that meat juice is protein falling out of the meat? Thanks. Too lazy to Google.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/04/the-red-juice-in-raw-red-meat-is-not-blood/
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Because calories are a measurement of heat
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,

Always keep Smiling

Thanks and Regards,
    Take care
    And the award for "the broken pencil post" goes to: :huh:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,

Always keep Smiling

Thanks and Regards,
    Take care

Huh? :huh: