Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    obvious answer is obvious:

batman utility belt
  • funpilot56
    Options
    How aout leaving everything in your car except your key? Tie it to your shoe if you don't have a pocket. enjoy the beauty of the day and the run. forget about all the "stuff" you have to carry and enjoy yourself. And no, you don't need water for a 30 minute jog. As a former competitive runner, we used to log 70-90 miles a week and never took anything but running shoes, shorts, and t-shirt. Happy jogging.
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I bought a nice neoprene running belt for less than £20 back in the autumn so I didn't have to hold on to my key and phone while running. Sadly, it lived up to its name and ran away less than six weeks later! :( I didn't want to pay quite that much a second time, so bought one of the very cheap ones in Sports Direct. It does the job, but isn't nearly as good - I liked the stretchiness of the neoprene, as it meant it fitted more comfortably and stayed where it was put, whereas the non-stretchy one works its way up almost as soon as I start running. The only solution would be to wear it at my natural waistline, but that would just be uncomfortably high, I think!

Sometimes I'll leave the key at home - we have a convenient but suitably secure place - and just take the phone. But if I'm outside, I also have the dog's lead to carry with me, so I'm never totally hands-free...
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I have a arm band to store my phone on short runs. I used to do this and carry a water bottle.

In the cold I can just put in in my coat.

I have a Nathan's minimalist hydration pack.

short runs, I just carry my phone.

In my pack I carry beans or gel, some extra cash, phone, and keys if needed.

I usually will stick my keys on my car tire if I'm someplace, so don't steal it.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    music on your phone which you carry on an arm holster
    keys in a wrist band

Done.

Alternately, for longer runs I use a fuel belt. It fits snug across the hips thanks to the velcro and contouring. Has a small pocket pouch and I strap the wrist band key holder to it too. Unlike the bumbag/fanny pack it won't bounce as it's snug and the weight is distributed.
  • Runner2shed
    Runner2shed Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I bought one of the smaller fanny pack/water bottle holders for my marathon and always wondered the same thing, why the heck did it bounce so much.

My solution was to put it so the pouch faced the back, and also higher on my waist, near my natural waist where it curves in., The natural curve of my body held it in place and it wasn't getting in the way of my arms or anything.

If it's a short run, I'm with these guys, the only thing I take are my keys to get back in (held in 1 hand, with a key ring around a finger) and then my cell phone which doubles as my music player (held in the other hand).

Be CAREFUL tho, because I fell once in a longer run and smashed everything cause my hands weren't free to catch myself. Phone was broke, my keys sliced open my hand, and my knees were terribly damaged (fell into rocks probs the worst thing ever).
  • Runner2shed
    Runner2shed Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Which one do you have? I bought one and it rode up as I was running, and I'm wondering if I bought a bad brand or something.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Phone & ID in armband, car key in little pocket in pants (have keyless entry for the house). I used to tie my car key into my shoelaces, but it fell out on a trail run once. Holy 4 hour scavenger hunt batman.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I take my key, cell phone and i Pod (I use the GPS on my cell phone and then only have my music on my iPod for now). I have an arm band for my iPod, I take my house key and loop it through my shoe lace (make sure to loop it and then fully tie them) and I carry my phone in my hand.

I like the idea of looping the key through your shoelace :) that's clever. I was desperate once and attached my house key to my belly ring!

It was one of the best lessons I learned from college! Going to the gym/for a run but didn't want my lanyard bouncing in my face...key in the shoelace!

100,000 dollars and the big lesson was to tie your key into your shoe. I bet your parents were happy about that.

JK lol
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I love my amphipod belt I've had it for years. It is slim against your lower back, doesn't bounce and can fit a lot. I get my cell phone, ipod, keys, cash/cc cards, etc in it. During races I use it for gel packs.

http://www.amazon.com/Amphipod-AirFlow-Lite-Waistpack-Color/dp/B003NU7CPU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359552619&sr=8-2&keywords=amphipod
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My summer shorts have a tiny little zip in the very back for a key I just noticed one in the lining of my nike shirt which looks to be either for endurance gels or a key also..

If you have a proper exercise outfit, it may already have something, but you just need to look :P
  • runningwild00
    Options
    Definitely order a Spi Belt. I fit my ipod in mine, clip my ipod to the belt's strap (i'm old fashioned and still love my ipod...its like the first one they came out with!)....and keys go in the belt too.

Or, if you are a woman, the sports bra is a wonderful thing, I have stored many things in it!!!
  • runningwild00
    Options
    Also, absolutely run with your phone. I am not saying to make phone calls or text while running. It is so important for safety!!! I feel safe where I live, but creepy things unfortunately still happen!
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I only carry my phone and my house key. Since my keys are on a clip, not a ring, it is really easy to pull off just the house key. I stick it in the laces of my shoes. The only thing I hold onto is my phone, which plays music and runs my C25K app.
  • Sophie13Wints
    Options
    do you not have any zipped pockets and if not then just put ur ipod or phone in ur bra :') lol i had to do that onceee
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have tank tops by "run" that have a little pocket by the shoulder. it's just big enough for a key or an mp3 player. also some running shorts have little pockets and I used to stuff my key in the fold of my short socks or tie it inside my shoelaces. If you need a credit card or id I wouldn't know what to do about that. cell phone either because i don't run out in the open anymore, only did that with buddies never alone.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My hydration belt has a pocket and a clippy thing in it so I can't lose my keys even if it opens. I have an armband for my phone, which I need for mapmyrun and music but I generally put my phone in my pocket so I can run the audiocable under my shirt and out my neckhole (in the shirt, not an actual hole in my neck).
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Seeing how many women keep their phones, keys, ID in their sports bra makes me feel less weird about doing that all the time. Haha, practical uses for boobz!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I carry everything I need in my jock strap.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I usually just take my phone it's got everything I need on it. And now I have a sports band for it so I don't have to shove that in my bra, I'm always afraid it will fall out.