Paris Vacation

Options
2»

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    Not a diet friendly food, but I miss the hotdogs in Paris served at any basic cafe (local equivalent of a diner). A split baguette containing two grilled hotdogs slathered with melted gruyere cheese and served with hot mustard.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I live in Europe and spend quite a bit of time in Paris. I lived in the city proper for over 10 years.
    The food is good, we have wifi and you should be able to log anything. If you can't just take a break.

Stay away from the McDs and the plastic looking tourist sandwiches on the Champs E. - there is so much other fare to try that you really don't see in the US.

Please go see the Musee d'Orsay and Rodin Museum - really two musts.
    Great restaurants -- use Yelp or any guide book...

If you have any specific questions, PM me.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Take me with you and I will log all your food for you! :smile:
  • Momto32010
    Momto32010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous! It's my dream trip...I vote for relaxing the diet a little, walk, walk, walk, and have a wonderful time!
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This was very helpful. I am going to paris in August as well. Please share your experience and "must see, must try" when you return. Enjoy your trip and be safe.
  • floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'll be in Paris in 2 weeks. Have an amazing time!

I will also be in Paris again in a week from Friday. I have gone 3 times in the past year, for a month each time and have not gained anything. I go take care of my Dad. I was able to log everything, there are quite a few items in the database. I entered as best as I could when eating out but mainly for guidelines. My goal is to maintain when I am away, not lose. And so what if you gain a little bit, as previously mentioned, Paris is the food capital of the world, so enjoy. Remember it takes an extra 3600 calories over and above your needs to gain 1lb so you would have to be eating A LOT in one week to really gain. Moderation is the key, not starvation.
  • itsmeterrih
    itsmeterrih Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    awesome advice!!! thank you all! I just can not express how excited I am!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    We are all very jealous!

promise you'll tell us all about it when you get back.
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Not a diet friendly food, but I miss the hotdogs in Paris served at any basic cafe (local equivalent of a diner). A split baguette containing two grilled hotdogs slathered with melted gruyere cheese and served with hot mustard.

My family moved from Minnesota to Paris when I was seven years old. The first thing we ate when we arrived were hot dogs just like you mentioned from a street vendor and coca colas, (you know, classic French cuisine). Anyway, as a kid I thought they were gross (I was told I'm getting a hot dog and you give me this)? But today, I would kill for one of those.....nom, nom, nom.

And to the OP, and anyone who goes on vacation to a wonderful food city... Enjoy the experience and try a little of everything.
    Don't worry your food log will still be here when you get home.