Want to lose belly fat. Any tips?

Options
I've been eating healthy and doing exercise for a month now and have lost 7lb, which I'm really pleased with. I'm not eating much bread at all (once or twice a week and always wholemeal) but was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks on how they lost their belly fat, which is where most of my extra llbs stick? Is it a gradual process, how long until I will see even a tiny result:smile::wink: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou: ? Any tips and tricks or own experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. If you want to reshape your body, you need to start lifting weights.
  • kirstyg1980
    Options
    I've been eating healthy and doing exercise for a month now and have lost 7lb, which I'm really pleased with. I'm not eating much bread at all (once or twice a week and always wholemeal) but was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks on how they lost their belly fat, which is where most of my extra llbs stick? Is it a gradual process, how long until I will see even a tiny result:smile::wink: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou: ? Any tips and tricks or own experiences would be greatly appreciated!

start lifting heavy weights - look up stronglifts 5x5 or new rules for lifting for woman
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    yep.
    calorie deficit.

Squats
    Deadlifts
    Bench
    OHP
    Pullups

PS Bread isnt bad
  • Lucy_london
    Lucy_london Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Brilliant thanks guys. I've been doing a mix of strength and cardio, but will dedicate a bit more time to weights. Thanks xx
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. If you want to reshape your body, you need to start lifting weights.

this!
  • joddumz
    joddumz Posts: 35
    Options
    Hmm I really did not know this must start doing a bit of weights as I am all only cardio. I am also pathetically weak. What type of weights etc? Like right down to basics... the machines at the gym or free weights and is it weights with the arms or what?
  • Lucy_london
    Options
    I got a trainer at my local gym to put a weights programme together for me last year. Is there someone you can ask? x
  • bri3533
    bri3533 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels six pack workout video...you could find it on youtube and view it for free....she includes reverse crunches which help remove the lower pouch you tend to get and this workout will help tone your transverse abs :) hope this helps
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Any tips and tricks or own experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Lose weight

/thread
  • edavery100
    Options
    Hello Lucy_london,

I personally have been taking a diet pill twice a day, called ColoThin. It has helped alot. I have only been on my diet for 12 days now and have already lost 4 lbs. mostly in my belly. I am also taking the new Green Coffee extract pills twice a day as well it gives me more energy and helps curve my appetite. Hope this information helps! I got my ColoThin from Amazon.com and the Green coffee extract I ordered online as well! If you would like the web information just let me know!

=) edavery100
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Hello Lucy_london,

I personally have been taking a diet pill twice a day, called ColoThin. It has helped alot. I have only been on my diet for 12 days now and have already lost 4 lbs. mostly in my belly. I am also taking the new Green Coffee extract pills twice a day as well it gives me more energy and helps curve my appetite. Hope this information helps! I got my ColoThin from Amazon.com and the Green coffee extract I ordered online as well! If you would like the web information just let me know!

=) edavery100

no
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit + heavy lifting.

There are no shortcuts.
  • labgf4
    labgf4 Posts: 10
    Options

I'll second that. Perhaps you can try yoga or pilates. Have you heard of the bar (or barre) method? I bought a DVD titled "The Bar Method: Change Your Body" and it's a great workout! I was sweating and could feel the burn all over. You can do the whole DVD or just sections of it.
  • Lucy_london
    Options

I'll second that. Perhaps you can try yoga or pilates. Have you heard of the bar (or barre) method? I bought a DVD titled "The Bar Method: Change Your Body" and it's a great workout! I was sweating and could feel the burn all over. You can do the whole DVD or just sections of it.

Thanks so much. Great, helpful advice.
  • Lucy_london
    Options
    I'm not looking for shortcuts! I'm looking for help and advice :)
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    1) Diet is king, exercise is queen.

2) Your story sounds like mine. I've lose 7 pounds this month just by getting my *kitten* back together after the holidays. Eating at a deficit will result in fat loss, true. However, there are a few tricks that seem to help me keep bloat at bay:

Cut the sugar, watch your sodium, eat lots of fiber, and drink lots of water. Add greek yogurt (if you do dairy), raspberries, and avocado to your diet (just watch your portions).

I don't believe in bad foods... However, I stopped eating bread because it's an easy way to reduce sodium. If I want fiber, there are a ton of other foods I can eat (like oats and beans).

3) I lift heavy 3x a week (full body). I also do a bit of cardio to help with the deficit. Honestly, running is my favorite exercise for flattening my belly.

I keep most of my weight in my booty and thighs. It tends to take longer for those areas to tone up.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2Cute2Bobese
    2Cute2Bobese Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great advice!:bigsmile:
  • Lucy_london
    Options
    Thank you so much. Again, really helpful x
    1) Diet is king, exercise is queen.

2) Your story sounds like mine. I've lose 7 pounds this month just by getting my *kitten* back together after the holidays. Eating at a deficit will result in fat loss, true. However, there are a few tricks that seem to help me keep bloat at bay:

Cut the sugar, watch your sodium, eat lots of fiber, and drink lots of water. Add greek yogurt (if you do dairy), raspberries, and avocado to your diet (just watch your portions).

I don't believe in bad foods... However, I stopped eating bread because it's an easy way to reduce sodium. If I want fiber, there are a ton of other foods I can eat (like oats and beans).

3) I lift heavy 3x a week (full body). I also do a bit of cardio to help with the deficit. Honestly, running is my favorite exercise for flattening my belly.

I keep most of my weight in my booty and thighs. It tends to take longer for those areas to tone up.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Add greek yogurt, raspberries, and avocado to your diet

why these specific things?