Hello! New mama here

Options
Well...maybe not a new NEW mama. My baby is now nearly 9 months old...I can't call it baby weight forever! It's time to get losing! I gained a little over 100 pounds during my pregnancy and had gained about 40 just prior to becoming pregnant. Gaining 140 pounds in about 15 months has got to be some kind of record, eh? Eek. I have lost about 60 of the pounds but need to get back on the bandwagon of losing weight. I have struggled with my weight my entire life....my weight has been on a roller coaster for many years! I hope to get down to a comfortable weight that I can feasibly maintain and am determined to not let myself go again.

Anyway, I am seeing a nutritionist now and exercising regularly. She recommended this site to track my food and exercise...so here I am!

I am moving from California to Kentucky in August and hope to lose a chunk of the weight by then. At least a start!

Replies

• hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    Hi....i'm also new here...my kids are 5 & 3 and i weighed 120 when i got prego with my son. I've never gotten back to my pre-prego weight and at this point don't know that i ever will lol...i'm currently at 150 give or take a lb lol but i'm excited because i just bought a pair of jeans at Maurices size 7/8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will help keep you motivated if you will do the same for me!
  • cjjohnson
    cjjohnson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow like both of you i now have 2 kids ages almost 4 and 3 mo. I used to weigh 115 lbs pre- first baby. I know weigh 163 post 2nd baby. My goal is to get at least down to 130. I would be happy there. I know how hard it is to lose after kids (especially the motivation part!) But maybe we can all motivate each other! We can do it.
  • RhondaCrombie
    RhondaCrombie Posts: 292
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome! Good luck on your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Take it from an expert, losing baby weight is hard.
    I had my first baby when I was 24, and the weight came off in 6 months. After my second, 12 months. After my third it took almost two years, but I got down to a size 4.
    After my last two, my youngest just turning one year old, it's taken a lot to lose any weight at all.
    Just remember, it took 9 months to put it on, it's going to take at least that to lose.
    It is doable, so keep up the hard work, you will see results! Especially when the little one starts walking! You will be running everywhere!
    Good luck!
  • bnorms
    bnorms Posts: 4
    Options
    Good luck to all of you! It was hard to try to exercise at first because she hated being in a stroller and would cry if she was not being held (a bit spoiled...!). Now, she seems to enjoy the baby jogger and we have been spending hours in it lately, walking around town! I walked for three hours today! Not quite in a row...we walked to the library across town for their toddler play and learn group and then walked home after a quick bottle. I enjoy the walking but there are huge blisters on my feet now :(
  • ChiWaWaMaMa4
    Options
    Hello!!! So glad to meet you!! I have only been on here about a week & after keeping track & cutting back calories I lost 7 lbs!! I am thrilled!! Good luck & lots of blessings, Shannon
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am pretty new to the site as well but so far I love it!! Enjoy and good luck on your journey.
  • saundern
    saundern Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a new mom. My son is almost 6 mos old. I'm almost where I started before I got pregnant. But I was already overweight to begin with. I want to get in shape so I feel like doing things with my son. I also want to teach him good habits. Good luck!
  • cforeman2
    cforeman2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am sort of new here. I would log 3 days then forget. But I made a new commitment two days ago. I have a lot to lose too. I weighed in at 246 in January. I notice that logging in helps me see where I can expect to be in 5 weeks. Well when it was saying I would gain 5 pounds in 5 weeks if I ate like this every day then I decided to watch what I eat. I have lost 13 pounds since Jan. But only 6 pounds since I started here. But with my new commitment I would like to lose at least one pound a week for the rest of the year if not more. I am drinking a lot more water lately too and that helps me to stick to my plan.:drinker: