Hey everyone!!!

Options
I am new here and wanted to say hi. I have been married for almost a year now, and just graduated from college in December. Since dating my now husband 5 yrs ago I have gained 60 lbs. We love to eat and cook and it has become a problem for us. I used to be on a drill team and dance for several hours a day and now I rarely excercise. That has stopped though, we try to get to the gym at least 4 times a week if not more. Just needed some encouragement since all my husband does is shove bad foods in my face all the time!!!

Replies

• SarahFlint
    SarahFlint Posts: 5
    Options
    I can relate to that! My Boyfriend doesnt take my diet seriously and although he doesnt do it in a mean way, he does tempt me with high calorie food! I am trying to stay on track - but he is a very good cook!! :-)
    It probably just shows us that the men in our lives love us no matter how big we get! But our diets/healthy eating plans are for us!
    Good luck.x
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!:flowerforyou:
  • BuffyKicksButt
    Options
    LOL - I feel your pain - my hubby does 90% of our cooking and its all excellent tasty food but not very healthy. Even stuff that is healthy he seems to work bacon or sausage or cheese into it.

I actually pre-make my dinners for the week usually just grill a bunch of chicken and do different stuff with it - so its fast and easy. That way he can cook whatever he likes and I have other options.

I do allow my self 1 or 2 bad meals on the weekend. Sometimes I can't resist especially his jambalya :laugh:
  • jwojdyla360
    Options
    I am a 30 year old single mom of two great kids. I hav always put everyone frst in my life but now that i am the sole person my babies depend on I need to take care of myself not just for them but for ME... I am both eager and scared to death. It took me two hours to plan out 2 days of meal planning so for that part i am not thrilled but they say it will get easier. I bought the recommended think thin bars and nearly had to choke it down but i than tried blending it in the blender with skim milk much better
  • ChiWaWaMaMa4
    Options
    Hello!!! So glad to meet you!! I have only been on here about a week & after keeping track & cutting back calories I lost 7 lbs!! I am thrilled!! Good luck & lots of blessings, Shannon