Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How often do you weigh yourself?

I have heard different things when it comes to weighing yourself. Every day, once a week, once a month, etc. How often do you weigh yourself and why? I am weighing myself everyday at the moment, but sometimes get discouraged and a bit frustrated if I've seen that I've gone up a pound, or have just stayed stagnant...

Replies

• Angmu7
    Angmu7 Posts: 23 Member
    You have to do what feels right for you. If you are getting discouraged doing it daily; don't.

I personally step on the scale every day but I only count Sunday because the scale can go up and down during the week. Why I step on everyday boils down to I like to see how the food I ate/drank work with my body. I really hardly ever think of the number on the scale each morning after stepping off.
  • skinnyflutterby
    skinnyflutterby Posts: 13 Member
    Every Friday. I thought Fridays would be a great day to weigh in.
    That way in camping season if i do damage on the weekends,
    I have time to get back on track.

Counting Calories Forever
    Skinnyflutterby
  • I weigh-in once a week, because they tell you (doing this program) that you are suppose to lose 1-2 pounds a week. So I weigh-in every Monday morning before I eat anything. And, as a result, I find that I alway lose a pound or two every time I weigh-in. :smile:

29347827.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    i way myself approx 2-3 times a week but its only official for me on Saturdays. like others...i weight myself just to see how i am progressing and even whenver i see an increase, it makes me work harder and be more aware/strict.
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Every other day or so, but only official Monday mornings. While I hope it goes down, I want to be accountable for any weekend damage.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    I posted the same question when I started this a few weeks ago. It is definitely a personal preference. For me, I weigh-in every Thursday morning and this is the weight I add to MFP. I do step on the scale throughout the week, but I don't track those, except for in my head. You'll figure out what works best for you! Good luck on your journey!
  • Jenniflower76
    Jenniflower76 Posts: 4 Member
    I get on the scale every morning to see how I'm doing, but I only use a Friday as my "official" check-in weight. I just recently started weight everyday, and its keeping me better in check with how my progress is moving along.
  • joe3166
    joe3166 Posts: 78
    Once a day or every couple days for seven months then I don't weigh myself for 5 months
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    I weigh and log every morning. Any loss no matter how slight is encouraging, any gain increases my conscious to make good choices throughout that day.
  • BabyNurseJen
    BabyNurseJen Posts: 64 Member
    Every day. Sometimes twice a day. I'm a hugely inquisitive person and I like to see the fluctuations and how they're affected by food, exercise, sleep, etc. I know lots of people think it's a bad habit, but I don't get down on myself because of the number.
  • spunkyjen7
    spunkyjen7 Posts: 22 Member
    I weigh in once a week. Keeps me motivated to stay good all week so I can see the numbers drop.....hopefully.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Every Friday. I won't say I don't occasionally get curious and hop on the scale in the morning, but I don't take the results to seriously except on Fridays. Those are the ones I log.
  • I just started getting consistent with my eating and exercising and I weigh myself every day.
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Wednesday is my official day to see how my week has gone...but I peek several times during the week. :wink:
  • I weigh myself once a week that way I dont get discouraged if the scale dont move and at the end of the week... its a surprise if I have lost... :smile:
  • It all depends on the person. I weigh myself every once in a while. I don't make it a habit and I don't have a schedule. I am going to buy a body fat calibrator and measure my progress that way along with measurements.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Every Sunday morning on an empty stomach before going for my run. I would now like to start to weigh myself every other week, since if you weigh yourself too often it's pointless- weighing yourself every day is a no no!!! It will NEVER be accurate!!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Same day and time once a week. Anymore then that would drive me crazy!
  • I do every day. It frustrates me when I see I've gained weight from the day before, but in a 7 day stretch, I am always down between 2-3 pounds.
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    I try to do it every Wednesday & Sunday. But sometimes I do it more, but I get mad when I see that I have gained, so I really only count Sundays weight.