need help

Options
hi everyone, going on what it say i should eat in aday is 1760 calories, well i am only eating around 800, 900 aday and i am full on this my problem is i dont eat alot never have but i am still big, people look at me and i know they think god she must eat lots but i dont, at the bottom of page is says my body will think it is starving and be hard to lose weight, but any tips on what i should do or eat as i am so lost now thanks

Replies

• sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    try to up your intake gradually, 50-100 cal a day extra fora week, then a bit more, so you get used to it, will make it easier.
    there's lots of into here about good high calorie foods hat can help you too, such as nuts, as well as switching any light/low fat/diet foods you eat for regular ones.
  • Hazeyblue
    Hazeyblue Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi, I know how you feel, I have that problem too. Last night I found myself eating a muller rice after dinner that I didnt really want or need just so I could get up to somewhere near 1200 calories. I find that hard to swallow (excuse the pun :laugh: ) when Paul McKenna says to stop eating when you are full!

Marie
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    It beats the heck out of me how anyone can manage on less than 1200 calories! :noway:
    When I came to MFP, I found out pretty fast that the only way I could manage was to exercise to UP my numbers, because if I didn't, I was always over.
    I'd suggest if you need ideas on what to eat to up your numbers, peanut butter, nuts, bananas are good choices. (It's too early in the morning here to think of anything else right now! :laugh: ) :smile:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Have 2 servings of dairy, 3 vegetables, and 2 servings of fruit every day. Then build the rest of your calories from there. You need to eat at least 1200 to get your proper nutrition. If you're getting your food groups in you should have more than 800 a day. Sometimes it's not about how much you eat but the balance you get in your diet. I can eat a lot more calories if I balance my dairy, carbs, protein, fruits, and vegetables. Remember that not all calories are created equal. Fast food and restaurant food has so much more sodium and fat in it then you would get if you made your food at home. I still eat out maybe once a week but try to make most of my food myself.
  • LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    is there any possibility that you are not counting your calories correctly?
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    is there any possibility that you are not counting your calories correctly?

I wondered that too. I thought I was eating 1200 until I really forced myself to get honest with my logging. When I included everything I eat and drink, it wound up being more than I thought.
  • LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    Its always best be be honest with what you are eating and drinking because you will only hurt yourself in the end, even though on those rough days you might eat more than your calorie goal is....I hate those days, but its best to record them anyways and to not cheat yourself:smile:
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You should post what you eat in a day so we can get a better idea how to help you. If you are eating low fat foods with little calories, maybe you should switch it up to eating foods with a few more calories. Are you eating your fruits and veggies? Avocados may be high in calories but great in nutritional value and have good fats.

One other thing, how do you know what people are thinking? Never assume that people are thinking, it could get you in a lot of trouble. Do what I did, just ignore them. Don't even waste your time thinking about other people. Think about what you need to do to lose the weight and keep it off.
  • LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    Good idea lawkat that way we could get the run down of this problem so you can be on your way to losing weight and being a happier and healthier you. And no you should not pay attention to what other people are thinking, you are just very self concious, this can be fixed trust me i was the exact same way, and now i love getting attention and when people focus on what i am wearing.