In search of wrap ideas

Options
jgear13
jgear13 Posts: 22 Member
What are your favorite fillings to put in a wrap? Hoping to get ideas under 250 calories.

Replies

• lexusmarie21
    lexusmarie21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use the mama lupe low carb wraps (only 60 calories and 3 grams of carb) and usually put turkey, 1 strip of turkey bacon, fat free cheese and mustard. They are about 240 calories per wrap (depending how much cheese and turkey)
  • Aequitas503
    Options
    I usually have:

2 rye mountain bread wraps (68 cal each)
    1 small tin plain light tuna (50ish cals) or 1 small tin salmon (50ish cals) or 65g pre-cooked diced chicken (Moira Mac brand) (70ish cals) (basically, a protein)
    Lettuce
    60g-ish beetroot
    Alfalfa (lots & lots, it's about 8 cal for 28g which is a lot of alfalfa)
    Light 99% fat free mayo

Filling and yummy. The only problem is that once you start adding a decent amount of filling, the mountain bread wraps can tear easily so sometimes it can be messy to eat

Depending on the choice of fillings, that usually comes to around 250-300 cal for two pretty decent sized wraps. Removing the beetroot saves a fair few calories (about 60) but it's my fave veggie so I add it in
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Broccoli slaw. It's crunchy and low calorie.
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    wrap - 2 thin slices of low fat cheese, tin of tuna, an egg, butter and mayo if you want. (I had this for breakfast)

Wrap - lettuce, ham, tomato, pickles, olives and a little bit of mayo.

wrap - jam and cream (over 250 cals sorry)

bake some wraps until crispy and dip them in sauce
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I spread laughing cow cheese on my wrap first then add all the meat and veggies. Adds a great flavor. :flowerforyou:
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My favourite lately has been roasted veggies. I use, carrots, onion, zucchini (courgettes for the UK), eggplant (aubergine UK), and cherry tomatoes. I pile them on and grate a bit of low fat cheddar on them. If I'm in the mood for something spicy, I add a dash of hot sauce...and if I need some extra protein I'll add some chicken breast strips. So yummy.
  • brittrose33
    Options
    A hummus and veggie wrap! I'm having one today for lunch.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    1. Chicken breast with Franks buffalo sauce, lettuce, tomato, red onions, and spinach.
    2. Blacken Tilapia, Feta cheese, spinach,lettuce, tomatoes, black beans.
    3. Chicken breast, red pepper hummus, spinach, 1/2 serving of mozzarella cheese
    4. Tilapia, pinto beans (with some seasoning and processes at home), lettuce, tomato.
    5. Lentils, lettuce, tomato, spinach, feta cheese, cucumbers, red onions. (maybe with quinoa if I have some ready)

... and if I'm craving a little heat I add the hot sauce or sriracha to any of these...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The easiest way tokeep it under 250 calories is to ditch the tortilla and just have the filling.
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Wrap-
    Mix plain nonfat greek yogurt with the canned white chicken (or if you want to shred up a cooked chicken breast) and add Frank's hot sauce to the mix. Put in wrap of your choice with red onion, lettuce and tomato. Yummm =)
    If you have the calorie allotment you could add in some low fat cheese and put on a panini press or Foreman to make it a melt.
  • jgear13
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Wrap-
    Mix plain nonfat greek yogurt with the canned white chicken (or if you want to shred up a cooked chicken breast) and add Frank's hot sauce to the mix. Put in wrap of your choice with red onion, lettuce and tomato. Yummm =)
    If you have the calorie allotment you could add in some low fat cheese and put on a panini press or Foreman to make it a melt.

This sounds amazing! A good way to get my buffalo craving satisfied. Thanks!
  • jgear13
    Options
    These all sound like some tasty and interesting combinations. Anyone have a good idea for an "egg salad" type wrap without using mayo? I love egg salad, especially for breakfast.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    These are all better wrappers than Lil Wayne.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I just put two turkey dogs into a flax + multigrain wrap, with raw spinach and ketchup. Substitute hot-dog rolls. :laugh: came out to under 300 cals. I use wraps for basically anything I'd use bread for. Zillions of possibilities.
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've been eating these flax wraps from Damascus Bakeries lately. I put sauce and some cheese on them and bake into a pizza. Delicious and about 200 cal.
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    great ideas!

*whole wheat wrap with tuna, spinach, sliced banana peppers and some ranch dressing.
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    These all sound like some tasty and interesting combinations. Anyone have a good idea for an "egg salad" type wrap without using mayo? I love egg salad, especially for breakfast.

I hate mayo, so I make my egg salad with hummous. You just need something creamy to bind it together.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Tumarro's low carb wrap
    Low fat cream cheese
    Peppered turkey breast
    Whole berry cranberry sauce

When I make it with deli turkey (3 slices, about an ounce I guess), 30g cream cheese, and an 1/8th cup of whole berry cran, it's about 225 ish.
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Small wrap, half avocado sliced, slice of deli turkey, 2 strips bacon, 1/4 cup egg whites cooked in microwave, fresh black pepper
    269 cals, 23 carbs, 28 fat, 20 protein

Fills me up!