How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Lindabummy1
    Lindabummy1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do several times a week to keep myself aware, but only count my actual log in day of Friday, which also helps me be more accountable/honest for the upcoming weekend in case I want to get a little sloppy over the weekend.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I do my best to only weigh once a week which is Friday. Sometimes it's hard not jump on the scale.
  • Tiffyholli
    Tiffyholli Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Your weight will go up & down depinding if your doing weights & gaining muscle. Don't get discourage if your weight goes up, the best way to get accurate results is by measuing yourself. If you take measurements every other week & your dedicated to working out you'll see results.
  • kazmancod
    Options
    Every Monday Morning to start a new fresh week. Only been at it for 3 weeks so hopefully I will stick to it and not slowly stop
  • roadtoabettersteph80
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, on Fridays. I resist the urge to look at it more often than that :wink:
  • jbr121
    jbr121 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Once a week-ish. I try not to fixate on a particular day, but I do always weigh myself at the same time of day.
  • numsquat
    numsquat Posts: 133
    Options
    I weigh everyday but only log it in here once a week. Weighing everyday has taught me not to worry about short-term fluctuations and look big picture. I can do everything "right" and "gain" the next day or the opposite. I really don't pay attention to a weekly number either as it's still a snap shot of that day, tracking daily will tell me that. In other words, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday I could weigh 225 lbs but Monday spiked to 227, maybe because I had to much sodium and/or worked out harder than normal Sunday. If Monday was my weekly weigh in day, it would look like I had a bad week when in fact I didn't.

I look for trends up or down and if I see a trend heading the wrong direction, I make corrections in my calories as my exercise is pretty set.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing every Tuesday. I do it Tuesday just because I started my new regime on 1 Jan, which fell on a Tuesday.
  • coderedjulia
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, yeah I know I shouldn't but I go up and down like a yo yo. No, I'm not yo yo dieting, thats just how my weight is. I have always been a different size every year..lol
  • Podsrocks
    Options
    Every saturday. Saturdays I am too busy, that even if I didn't get to my goal for this week, I still have sunday before its over.
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    I try to weigh in once a week, everyday would be to depressing for me if I didn't see a change. I find doing it once a week helps keep my sanity lol.
  • sheriann1271
    sheriann1271 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, same time. Only track it once a week.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, too. It's enabled me to get a feel for patterns... and I'm aware of how much my weight fluctuates daily so I don't let it get to me when it goes up a bit. I also have a better feel for what effects the scale... I know if I list weights, the scale may go up a little and if I run, it usually goes down quite a bit the following day. Do what works for you!
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You need to do what's right for you. I weigh weekly and a Friday. That way if I slip a little on the weekend, it doesn't show up on Monday. Also, at least for me, if I weigh daily, I think I would get bugged if I had a day where I showed a gain. Another thing, weigh yourself at the same time, usually morning is best (they say that you weigh the least in the morning). Good Luck
  • maggycat
    Options
    I've tried all ways. I must admit to getting on the scales daily but I only officially weigh myself once a week...when I strip off completely, make sure I go to toilet and no fluids! When I went to weight watchers everyone whipped to the loo before the weigh in.
  • hlb99
    hlb99 Posts: 26
    Options
    I was weighing every day but like you it just made me more discouraged! I was obsessed with it. It was horrible. So now it's only once a week for me. It has been hard to not get on the scale just to see but I find it's better for me. Once a week on Monday! :) Good luck!
  • CynthiaMarie36
    Options
    I weigh once a week. I feel its lets discouraging than once a day or every other day. :flowerforyou:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    daily
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    i way myself approx 2-3 times a week but its only official for me on Saturdays. like others...i weight myself just to see how i am progressing and even whenver i see an increase, it makes me work harder and be more aware/strict.

This. :smile:
  • Fhoover
    Fhoover Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weight myself through out the week just to see but I offically put in on MFP on monday mornings :) Good luck