Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Multivitamin: Yes or No?

snookeroo
snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
edited 10:17PM in Food and Nutrition
Do you take a multivitamin?

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    GNC megamen sport.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Yes I take one. One made for women
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Yes. I take GNC womens unltra, and in addition to this, I also take a 1000mg of calcium a day, and a Vit B super complex
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Flintstones Chewables. They have everything that the adult ones have, but they don't make me sick when I take them. Plus this way I only have to buy one kind of vitamin for the whole family.
  • fit4kim
    fit4kim Posts: 15 Member
    I do! Twice a day.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Absolutely, because it doesn't hurt to get in as much as possible. There are some days I may not get enough of one thing...
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    yes. I think it is only sensible when dieting. Some say you shouldnt need it if you are eating correctly but thats not always the case and its not going to do you any harm taking it. go for it.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Multi, fish oil, vit D, B-stress comples and folic acid
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Women's One A Day, everyday :happy:
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Acording to my doc when on a restricted diet it's imperative to take a multivitamin... so I do. When I remember. ;)
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    I take a pro-biotic multi vitamin daily - more habit than anything else!
  • Centrum Chewables every morning
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Multi-vitamin, potassium & b-12.
  • Multivitamins are ok as long as you don't take too much. I just took a Nutrition class.. my teacher said that the ONLY way you can overdose on a vitamin is by taking a Multivitamin (Meaning: It is impossible to overdose on a vitamin if it's taken in with your food choices). As long as you take the recommended dosage of the multivitamin, you should be good. :]

I take Women's ONE A DAY.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Never. I eat a range of foods from each food group and I know that is enough to meet my nutritional requirements. I also know that multivitamin supplements are not processed in the same way by the body as nutrients from food because of the trace elements and such in food that aid in the absorption. Basically I think there is rarely any harm in taking them (unless you are taking a lot or have a specific medical condition, then you should check) but I think they are a waste of money for anybody that eats a healthy, balanced diet. Unless of course, you are pregnant... then definitely take some folate.
  • redbedhead
    redbedhead Posts: 53
    I had Gastric Bypass Surgery 18 months ago so I Malabsorb nutreints. there fore this is my Daily Vitamin/Medication Schedule:

5:00 am-- Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin, Bariatric Advantage Calcium,
    6:00 am-- Nexium, Immuran, Detrol,
    7:00 am--Bariatric Advantage Iron
    11:00am--Baratric Advantage Calcium
    4:00 pm--Bariatric Advantage Iron
    5:00 pm--Bariatric Advantage Calcium
    6:00 pm--Colace
    7:00 pm--bariatric Advantage Multivitamin, Vitamin C, B complex, B12 sublingual
    Tyleonl Arthritis, and Percoset as needed for pain and inflimation, In addition: on the first of each month, I take at 6:00 am 50,000 iu of Dry D3 and on the 2nd of each month I take 1 Simponi Injection.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    I had Gastric Bypass Surgery 18 months ago so I Malabsorb nutreints. there fore this is my Daily Vitamin/Medication Schedule:

5:00 am-- Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin, Bariatric Advantage Calcium,
    6:00 am-- Nexium, Immuran, Detrol,
    7:00 am--Bariatric Advantage Iron
    11:00am--Baratric Advantage Calcium
    4:00 pm--Bariatric Advantage Iron
    5:00 pm--Bariatric Advantage Calcium
    6:00 pm--Colace
    7:00 pm--bariatric Advantage Multivitamin, Vitamin C, B complex, B12 sublingual
    Tyleonl Arthritis, and Percoset as needed for pain and inflimation, In addition: on the first of each month, I take at 6:00 am 50,000 iu of Dry D3 and on the 2nd of each month I take 1 Simponi Injection.

Ugh! Good on you if you can actually keep up with that! but yes, you definitely need them post-bypass.
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,371 Member
    I take the Target brand Men's Multi-vitamin. I think it says "compare to One-A-Day Men's Formula". The One-A-Day Men's Formula is lower in iron.

I also take Move Free Advanced for joint health. I had ACL surgery and the surgeon said I had quite a bit of cartilage wear. So I figured I better take care of what I have left.
    - Contains Magnesium, Vitamin B12, Selenium, Calcium, Multivitamin
    - Helps Maintain Overall Health, Helps Maintain Healthy Blood Pressure, Helps Maintain Heart Health, Helps Maintain Prostate Health

http://www.target.com/Men’s-Daily-Multivitamin-Tablets-300-pk/dp/B002TO1JOG/ref=br_1_11?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&qid=1273348204&searchView=grid5&sr=1-11&node=1259959011&searchRank=pmrank&searchPage=2&searchSize=30&searchBinNameList=purchasing_channel%2Csubjectbin%2Ctarget_com_age%2Ctarget_com_gender-bin%2Ctarget_com_character-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Woman's one a day, calcium, and B12 for energy
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Just a protein shake after the gym is the only suppliment I take other than that its good old fruit and veg
This discussion has been closed.