Options
kellykat
kellykat Posts: 180 Member
What's a good side dish for hamburgers?

Replies

• jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Steamed broccoli, Au gratin potatoes (little fat and good carbs), grilled veggies or sweet potatoes? Sorry..not very creative :D
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato french fries(baked)..dont say yuck till ya try them..I use to hate sweet potatos..but these are YUMMY!
    Broccoli w/ cheese
    lowfat mac and cheese
    reg shoestring french fries (baked)
    bake beans
    take several diffrent kinds of Veggies and mix together put on the grill wrapped in foil with just a little bit of olive oil and your spices of choice..
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I second the sweet potato fries!
    veggie kabobs
    steamed veggies
    Veggies grilled in foil
    Sauteed mushrooms and spinach
  • Thaedra
    Thaedra Posts: 52
    Options
    Sweet potato french fries(baked)..dont say yuck till ya try them..I use to hate sweet potatos..but these are YUMMY!
    Broccoli w/ cheese
    lowfat mac and cheese
    reg shoestring french fries (baked)
    bake beans
    take several diffrent kinds of Veggies and mix together put on the grill wrapped in foil with just a little bit of olive oil and your spices of choice..

Do you have a recipe for your sweet potato "fries"? I would love to try them!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    In the summer, we love big slices of watermelon with our burgers! Right now I will just make green beans with some butter and salt, frozen corn on the cob (another summer favorite...fresh corn on the cob), baked potato chips, and of course, salad is always a great one!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    You can take a can of no salt added green beans with two tbsp of bacon bits and a little extra virgin olive oil and pepper... it's excellent I put mine microwave when I am in a hurry.
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to try a low fat macaroni and cheese recipe. I've been craving it, but didn't want to buy the processed stuff. Now I get to try out a new recipe and I'm excited!

Thanks for all of the great suggestions!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    sweet potato chips (fries) every single time! real nice just roasted with olive oil but if u want to mix it up sprinkle chilli powder on top OR garlic powder, so good!
  • loritas
    loritas Posts: 51
    Options
    bump
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    someone posted a onion ring receipe yesterday or the day before that would be good.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Homemade coleslaw!
    Fresh, crunchy, yummy! I like mine with red cabbate, shredded carrots, kosher salt, lime juice.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    oooo, or tomato, cucumber, red oinion salad. Olive oil, some red wine vin. s & p
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    A BIG ol' mess of Fresh Express Ruby Reds.....I have at least a cup with every meal. It satisfies my need to have something crunchy. Very low in calories and very good for you.
  • Simone32
    Simone32 Posts: 14
    Options
    I cut them and place them in a bag with a little bit of olive oil. I then put them on a baking sheet lined with foil (season) and back at 425 for around 30 minutes. I usually finish with the broiler to really get the outsides crisp.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Broccoli Salad, Baked Potatos, grilled zucchini (with balsamic vinegar), a big leafy green salad, mock potato salad (use cauliflower instead of potatos - I actually like this better than potato salad most of the time)