May Cardio Challenge: 360 Minutes/Week!

Options

Replies

• belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this. Today I did around 50 mintues of walking and jogging. This should help motivate me
  • OnieBee
    OnieBee Posts: 67
    Options
    Another 60 minutes on the elliptical, so much for switching it up. I've been eyeballing a cycling class and Zumba class as well, but I still feel extremely self conscious and I'm afraid that when the shacking part is over I'll still be jiggling :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Another 60 minutes on the elliptical, so much for switching it up. I've been eyeballing a cycling class and Zumba class as well, but I still feel extremely self conscious and I'm afraid that when the shacking part is over I'll still be jiggling :)

Just have fun with it and go!!! Enjoy the exercise and try something new!!!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    Just back from 55 min walk/jog - 435 cals for me, yea!!!
    Smiles - when I run/jog my HRM chirps like crazy and I get up to like 169; it's crazy! I am not really knowledgeable about the settings and stuff so not sure how to adjust them yet..... if you figure it out let me know!!

***Another 60 minutes on the elliptical, so much for switching it up. I've been eyeballing a cycling class and Zumba class as well, but I still feel extremely self conscious and I'm afraid that when the shacking part is over I'll still be jiggling :) ****

Onie - just try it and have fun!!! getting healthy is about enjoying life so smile and give it a try! You can do it:flowerforyou:

Warrior Kim- you made me laugh out loud!! Thannnk youuu!! Glad your construction is complete and things can get back to normal-ish :wink:

Eliza!!!!!!!! You're back!! Hurray!! We need your energy here; can't wait to hear all about what you've been doing!!

Big Hugs to all I missed,

Janet:heart:
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    60 minutes (was hoping for 90) of figure sakting tonight. rings my total to 336. I think I need to not count my dog walk/runs since I have to do those anyway...what do you think?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    60 minutes (was hoping for 90) of figure sakting tonight. rings my total to 336. I think I need to not count my dog walk/runs since I have to do those anyway...what do you think?

Figure skating sounds fun! (and, for me, a bit dangerous). I would say it's up to you whether or not to count the dog walk / runs... you're doing the activity, so your body "counts" it....
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Yesterday's report: 25 ish minutes of cardio kickbox with Jillian.

Today: 1 hr and 15 mins running/walking. (The running was 67 mins - my longest ever without stopping). I covered 5.5 miles on the run - total distance was 5.9. My time isn't too great, but I still am feeling proud.

Janet - I tried REALLY hard to stay within the HR zone limits today, which really slowed me down a lot. The automatic settings for "hard" calculate that zone to be 148-166. I was only in that zone for 16 minutes. My average HR was 167 (90%) and max was 190 (102%). Hmmmm?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OK, big question, did I make it to circuit training yesterday?.....NO!!!:noway:I laid down and took a nap at 3:00 in the afternoon and missed it!!!! No more jello shots for me!!!

So, this week was not good for exercising...I am going to bump it up for the weekend...my week starts on Monday, the numbers will be dismal...it's my weekend to work; so, time will be another factor...I got this morning off and signed up for 2 classes

Butts-n-Guts...haven't tried that one yet...sounds painful
    Vinyasa yoga....proves how inflexible I am...may not be jumping around but you are breathing hard and sweating

Wednesday, 45 minutes
    Today, should be 120 minutes

I'll be at 165 minutes....if I don't nap somewhere along the line

Good job to all who have made a huge effort increasing their workouts!!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Today: 1 hr and 15 mins running/walking. (The running was 67 mins - my longest ever without stopping). I covered 5.5 miles on the run - total distance was 5.9. My time isn't too great, but I still am feeling proud.

Janet - I tried REALLY hard to stay within the HR zone limits today, which really slowed me down a lot. The automatic settings for "hard" calculate that zone to be 148-166. I was only in that zone for 16 minutes. My average HR was 167 (90%) and max was 190 (102%). Hmmmm?

Nice job...that's a record...67 minutes non-stop

???? What HR limits are you trying to hit? Do share....
  • nisijam5
    Options

Count them if your dog is big and pulls you!!!!

I have a border collie and a German shephard...my arms are 2 inches longer by the end of the walk...oh, and I have to untangle them and do circles to be free
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Janet, I am back and so in! Philly was insane, and I did not do well, but I am here and ready to get back on the wagon. What exactly do you classify as cardio? My HR maintained at a certain %, so I couldn't count my yoga too? This will make me have to work so I don't get bored with just Jillian's stuff and my spin bike. I missed you guys and your support and I am excited to get going again!

Glad your back...hard to be good on va-ca
  • biggieshorty
    Options
    Hi All,

This is a hard challenge to meet, but I've been going for it. I did 60 min of Zumba Monday. I was sick Tuesday and didn't do any exercise. Wednesday I mowed the lawn for 60 min and Thursday I did 30 mins of treadmill and walked 30 minutes at work. So thus far I've done 180 minutes. I can do it.
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hi All,

This is a hard challenge to meet, but I've been going for it. I did 60 min of Zumba Monday. I was sick Tuesday and didn't do any exercise. Wednesday I mowed the lawn for 60 min and Thursday I did 30 mins of treadmill and walked 30 minutes at work. So thus far I've done 180 minutes. I can do it.

YES, You can do it!!! I know you can!! Keep pushing you're off to a great start! Remember, ANY activity hands down beats no activity!!!

:heart: Janet:heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Happy Friday My Peeps,
    20 min Cardio Boot Camp for me before work this am - 136 cals and a bunch of sweat - reminds me a lot of Jillians exercises in Shred/ BFBM but the music is better (to me) and she's "chirpier"!!

So far I'm over MFP weekly goal in time and cals - at 230 minutes for the week need to get in another 130 minutes by Sunday!!:noway: That's 3 ~ 45min w/o's. I'm really going to push to do this!!!!

Hope all are having a great day and looking forward to the weekend!!

Will check back later,
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hi All,

YES, You can do it!!! I know you can!! Keep pushing you're off to a great start! Remember, ANY activity hands down beats no activity!!!

:heart: Janet:heart:

Ditto that:heart: Just get up, move and stay focused....if you can ride your bike instead of driving to an errand, it's a double whammy...errand done, exercise done...:drinker:
  • mthomas25
    mthomas25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    The goal is to get in 360 minutes of sweaty, heart pumping cardio every week!! You can mix it up however you want to so that it fits into your schedule. Choose whatever exercise works for you ~ all are welcome here!! The point is to move our bodies more in May so lets pump it up!!!!

Plan on either latin dance or a walk/jog when I get home from work!

Hope to hear from everybody!!

I hope by latin dance you mean ZUMBA!! I teach here in Memphis and I LOVE me some Zumba! EVERYONE needs to try it!
  • asltiffm
    Options
    Just did 20 minutes of 30 day shred so I am at 356 and will easily finish up the last 4 with the dog walks tonight. I have decided to count 1/3 of the minutes from dog walks as cardio for this challenge. If this were the winter than I would count the whole amount of time as we run between 3-5 miles a day in the winter but when it's hot out they only run about 1/3 of the time and slowly walk the rest. So that's my compromise. I'll still count the walking in my exercise log, just not for the challenge.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Just a quick check in - I found some VHS workout tapes at the neighborhood recycle center for 25 cents each - so decided to go back down memory lane.

I did 15 minutes of Billy Blanks' TaeBo Kickology before I decided there's a REASON that we've advanced to DVD's and Jillian! :laugh: I cut that short and moved on to a 24 minute Jillian workout, and then did a 10 minute workout from Biggest Loser.

I met my 30 minutes, had fun, worked up a sweat. Not bad for a Friday!
  • asltiffm
    Options
    376 minutes after running the dogs tonight. Week 1 goal reached!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey All,
    Just touching base real quick ~ just back from a 50 minute walk for a 285 cal burn!! That puts me at 280 - 80 more to go by Sunday!!! I think I can .... I think I can:wink:

Think I need a Jillian fix tomorrow - BFBM in the am for me - that's a solid sweaty 40 min - looking forward to checking the cal burn on that!!

Have a great nite peeps,