Wii Team For May!

Options

Replies

• jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is jewel :smile: I got the EA More Workouts over the weekend (It was on sale for $29.) I started the 6 week challenge on medium yesterday. I love the difference between this and the original EA Active. My question is; how do you track it in your exercise? Circuit, cardio? I'm curious.

Thanks for your help :flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is jewel :smile: I got the EA More Workouts over the weekend (It was on sale for $29.) I started the 6 week challenge on medium yesterday. I love the difference between this and the original EA Active. My question is; how do you track it in your exercise? Circuit, cardio? I'm curious.

Thanks for your help :flowerforyou:

for the 60 day challenge I created my own cardio entry in my exercise and just update the calories burned and minutes each day I do it.

So today I was on Wii Fit plus. I always warm up with boxing. haven't improved my score of 1278 for a while. So today I tried to get better at skateboarding but I couldn't. But I sure did burn calories. so many more than the game says I did. I really push myself at skateboarding. so Wii says I burned 124 calories and HRM says I burned 186. It was a blast.
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    I am so happy to have found this group again! I have had a week off of my wii because I am running a fundraiser for the local animal shelter that is occupying ALL of my time. I can't wait for Sunday to come because I will be starting up on the wii again.

Anyone up for a challenge of some sort this month?
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I also created my own exercise in the log for my EA SA More Workouts. I did 40 minutes of it today, my 6 Week Challenge workout and the hard cardio preset workout. That cardio kicked my butt! I burned 320 calories for it all though. I just take whatever it tells me I burned an input it manually.
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Wow, look at all the new faces this month! Fantastic!!

I let last month get away from me a bit and fell far short of my goals. It's a little difficult getting back up to speed, but I made myself do it tonight. Had more calories than expected today so that was some motivation to get moving.:tongue:

I ended up with my highest score in skateboarding yet, 147!! Wooohoo. i even braved the advanced level again and managed to get through a round I hadn't managed before. Still, it's way harder than the beginner level. I have a routine I usually start with, some yoga to warm up and some strength training exercises, about 20 minutes worth. Then, I just go with what I am in the mood for, and making myself do the hula for the burn, although I do not like it. I really do not know how some of you manage the ten minutes of that. I wonder if my form is wrong on that or something. Also, funny thing is my board creaks now when i hula to the left... or maybe it's my bones. :laugh: I always finish with the boxing. Trying to make sure I get that full hour in every time this month.

@tfrank, I am up for any challenge you'd like to throw out there, as long as it isn't the hula please.

@rjadams, that's a rocking boxing score. I came close to it tonight, but not quite.

@CinthiaF, That Wii Sports boxing is alot different than the Wii Plus Rhythm boxing, and yes it is quite the workout. It's alot different when you have someone punching back, really keeps you on your toes!! I will have to give it a go again sometime soon.

So great to see ya'll pushing yourselves. And thanks, as it truly helps keep me motivated. Go team!!
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm on my Wii pretty much 2 times a day, you almost have to hate it sometimes you just can't stop like on the games on the fit plus you just want to get higher and higher scores. It's the first thing I do at 3am when I get up and about an hour before i go to bed (9 or 10 pm) it's totally adictive.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Today I combined some things to make a longer work-out in Fit Plus and it was much better. I didn't realize I could do that before and I had to keep stopping and waiting for the scores and everything to add up. I enjoyed it much more today! I think I liked the biking the best.

I just love this feature. I have a 10-15 minute strength routine I do in the morning before work. It is so much faster to go through the exercises this way. Definitely worth the upgrade.

I (finally and actually) met my goal this week and did the Wii 2-3 times for strength. I also do Yoga, swimming, walking and the stationary bike. I do like the Wii Fit and wish I had more time for it. But the weather is warming up and I'd rather be outside than in.

Have a good weekend all,

JAM
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit!! I debated on buying it for a year & then splurged & it was the best buy. It's so much fun & some of the activities really give you good cardio.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I would really like to join this group. My boyfriend bought me Wii Active in November and I dont think I have done a workout on it since January :S He'd be really happy if I started using it again. I have Wii Fit as well, which I will alternate back and forth using them each day. I wish I had witt Fit PLUS those games sound a lot better!!
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join. I used to do my Wii Active all the time, and then stopped. I'd like to get started on it again. I will be starting out slowly because I injured my back a little, but I figure even 10 minutes of workout is better than none, right?
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Just posting to pick up the thread.

Lianne:smooched:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms in our forum!

It was one year ago that I got my Wii Fit for Mother's Day and I still love it!

JAM
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I love the wii active games - I do the 30 day and 6 week challenges and use the two day on and rest one day as a way to motivate me to do it consistantly. Using it over the last 2 months has helped me loose 11lbs
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    How do you add your wii active exercise on here since there are so many ones and each one I think is calculated to your weight as far as calories burned?
  • CinthiaF
    CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have question to anyone here. How many calories do you think you burn play games on Wii Sports Resort or do you think at you burn as many as you do walking??? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    How do you add your wii active exercise on here since there are so many ones and each one I think is calculated to your weight as far as calories burned?

For my EA Sports Active, I just take whatever the game says I've burned during the workout and enter it into the exercise that I created as Sports Active Wii or something. Then you can manually input the calories that the game tells you that you burnt. That's been working great for me so far. Also, if you get a heart rate monitor you can track your calories burned during it and manually log that as well. I love Sports Active :D I did it earlier to burn off all the bad food I let myself eat this weekend. Indian buffet for lunch, and drinking last night (minimal calories tho) and a burger and fries on friday/saturday. I'm gonna need a few days to drink lots of water and workout like mad... lol.
  • krissybohaczyk
    krissybohaczyk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I'm getting my Wii Fit Plus on Friday! I can't wait. I've heard sooo many good things about it.
  • odessa_raven
    Options
    Hey everyone! I haven't been around much but I've been plugging away, believe me! I'm still pretty much sticking to Walk It Out - which is pretty typical for me; I find one thing I like and about two minutes later I'm addicted!

I use a HRM and I did notice recently it seems to be taking a lot more effort to get my heart rate up into the optimal zone, but I haven't been so good at resting recently, so it's possible I'm just tired. I did take a full day off yesterday so we'll see how it goes after that.
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    After a few days away I am glad to see so many new posts!

How about a skateboarding challenge? Beginner, because I need the motivation to even work up to the advanced! Let's do it!
  • jam0525
    Options
    How about a skateboarding challenge? Beginner, because I need the motivation to even work up to the advanced! Let's do it!

I'm in. I am terrible at it and keep stopping, but I will give it a go.

JAM