who is having the most nutritious dinner tonight?

Options
13»

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Not me! I think I'm making hamburger helper tonight :angry: I don't even like it. Just make it when were pressed for time :(

Oh, hey... What I'm having is fast, easy, and healthier than that. Making beef tacos. (I do all my spices from scratch, no packet... Just my choice). Using lean beef, corn tortillas, and grated colby jack. Grey squash with a little onion and herb Mrs. Dash on the side.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Vegetable Beef Soup- prepared by partner's grandmother.

Sounds harmless but I am 98% positive that it will be followed by dessert.
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    Vodka & coke. :drinker:
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options

:indifferent:

Vodka and coke.....together?

Flavored vodka or plain?

(I made some crab apple flavored vodka this summer, and it was AWESOME in club soda)
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Roasted Sea Bass with Fennel, Blood Oranges & Olives... plus Creme Brulee
  • susanhardt
    susanhardt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    if you've lost 27 pounds, you are the winner!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Stuffed chicken with mushrooms and swiss cheese
    Roasted Broccoli
    Roasted Sweet potato
    Glass of milk
    Low Cal homemade oatmeal muffin
  • susanhardt
    susanhardt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have kids in sports? How do you have time to make these dinners? We won't be home tonight until about 9:30PM. Really late to eat and I'm not spending any time cooking at that time either. Normal schedule gets us home between 6:30 and 7PM. I have about 20 minutes to come up with dinner. Help me out!!!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have kids in sports? How do you have time to make these dinners? We won't be home tonight until about 9:30PM. Really late to eat and I'm not spending any time cooking at that time either. Normal schedule gets us home between 6:30 and 7PM. I have about 20 minutes to come up with dinner. Help me out!!!

Slow cooker seem like something that could become your best friend!
  • Br4ndi
    Br4ndi Posts: 177
    Options

Crock Pot meals
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    OP here.

So far, i give the 'win' to Up Early. She has lost 60 LBS so far! Outstanding! AND her penne Bolognese with wine sounds great!

For us, tonight, we are doign 'breakfast for dinner'. Salmon and feta omlettes with fresh spinach. Mashed sweet potatoes on the side.

Money!

good luck to all!
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Crock Pot meals

Well my dinner took about 20 mins from start to finish.

Rice cooker, canned beans, and homemade canned corn relish.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Moose Roast
    Onions, Carrots & Celery

LOL! I'm stuck on the moose. Is it a pretty lean or fatty meat. I would think it would be highly marbled because of the cold. Does it even exsist in the MFP database. What's it taste like?

It is extremely lean, like only one gram of fat for a 6 oz portion. And yes, surprisingly enough it is in the database. Taste is very similar to very lean beef and not at all gamey although I think that can vary depending on where it's from and their diet. Here they subsist mostly on twigs and leaves, and the ones in town take out garden beds on a regular basis too.

Unfortunately, the roast was too lean and ended up very tough despite slow cooking. I've done chuck roasts with good luck, but this one was a hind roast. Any others of those we'll make into jerky instead.
  • lucasriggs
    Options

:indifferent:

Vodka and coke.....together?

Flavored vodka or plain?

(I made some crab apple flavored vodka this summer, and it was AWESOME in club soda)

Mmmmh. Just plain vodka and coke(technically its Pepsi). Actually its everyday value tesco vodka..only £9.35 for 70cl!
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Jambalaya made with turkey sausage, chicken breast, shrimp, stewed tomatoes and brown rice.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    cuban picadillo with arroz congri (cuban beans and rice). skinnytaste.com has some really great recipes.