How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• sandirita
    Options
    I weight everyday and sometimes it is beneficial and sometimes it isn't. I like the suggestion of weighing in everyday but only counting one day, the same day of every week. If my weight is up, I get discouraged but if I had a goal day to work towards, maybe it woudl help.
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I try not to focus on the scale, I took the mentality that it was evil and didn't define who I was... For a period of a few months last year a scale did end up in my house and I used it everyday... it was horrible and I self sabotaged because of it. Now, I may if even, check once a month but go based on how my clothes fit. After all, inches mean much more than the actual number. :)
  • pnaymommy3
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. I read every one and appreciate your comments. I guess there is no wrong or right time/frequency to weigh yourself. It all depends on each and every individual. I think I may just weigh myself once a week because I get discouraged easily...I don't want any setbacks this time around...and if that doesn't work, I'll figure out another way :) I plan on sticking with it...
  • katelion22
    katelion22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Do what feels right for you. I weigh every day, but I've also familiarized myself with my fluctuations due to hormones, sodium, etc., so one bad weigh-in doesn't really throw me off. Daily weigh-ins definitely help keep me on track.
  • Remechan
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, every Wednesday. It's my "Weigh-in Wednesday". I try to not get obsessed by the numbers on the scale so I try to not weigh myself every day.
  • awesomenessj
    Options
    You have to do what feels right for you. If you are getting discouraged doing it daily; don't.

I personally step on the scale every day but I only count Sunday because the scale can go up and down during the week. Why I step on everyday boils down to I like to see how the food I ate/drank work with my body. I really hardly ever think of the number on the scale each morning after stepping off.

I do the same I like to see if my weight went up or down ... determine if what I ate was a factor :)
  • mellimeter
    mellimeter Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every morning; however, I only record when it is lower than my last entry. I know it is normal to fluctuate between a few pounds during the week.
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week.
  • QueenCat25
    Options
    Every day, but I only track it once a week.
  • coderedjulia
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every morning; however, I only record when it is lower than my last entry. I know it is normal to fluctuate between a few pounds during the week.

Thats what I do too.
  • halena1984
    halena1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to weight myself ever morning. Its not always the smartest idea but if I've lost weight it sure makes calorie counting do much easy that day :D
  • dee__s
    dee__s Posts: 30
    Options
    like 7 times a day.. Its pretty sick. I weigh 153 lbs. My waist is 29 inches i would love to have a 24 inch waist
  • wlbauman
    wlbauman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week. I try to remember to do it first thing before getting dressed (can't do that at WW's LOL). By only doing it once a week I don't feel disappointed daily when the scale doesn't move...
  • JaimieAG
    Options
    Daily is my personal preference. Even when my eating habits are consistent it still bounces around from day to day.... up 1, down 2, up half, down half, etc..... ultimately sloping downward but never in a perfectly straight line. If the bouncing drives you nuts probably best to weigh weekly.

There is an exception.... If you blow your diet hop off the scale for a week or so even if you normally weigh daily. A couple of times I've thrown a "Screw this! I'm just going to order pizza and not think about it. Stuffed crust too. And wings. With FULL FAT ranch... I don't care how many ounces. And you know what? I'm going to make my own beer-rita. And later... another beer-rita! Annd... pistachios! Take that stupid diet!" kind of cheat day fatty calorie withdraw tantrum thing (not recommended, but happens to the best of us). I've consumed double my calorie goal for the entire day from 6pm to midnight at times. Yikes! The next day I feel miserable physically and mentally & to add insult to injury the scale has said I've gained as much as 5lbs in a day. Now, from experience, you can do one of two things with this information: You can say "5lbs?! That's more than I lost all last month! This is too hard, I'm done." (which I've done) and eat pizza binge-like meals for a whole week setting you 5-10 real lbs back. Or you can press forward eating lean & green and modestly & reminding yourself that it's impossible to gain 5lbs in one day. It's easier to recover from option number 2. And it's easier to do option number 2 if you're not torturing yourself by weighing daily. LOL... ok that's the end of my rant.
  • Sammibullellu
    Options
    I feel like I have to weigh everyday, even though most sources tell you not to. The reason, like a few others I want to know how my eating patterns reflect on weight loss/gain. I also keep a written diary. and have just discovered that I pretty much weigh what I did this time last year.. I need MOTIVATION though. I don't like excercise, don't like walking, Like swimming but spend more time getting rid of the chlorine smell from my hair. They say you get used to it and like it.. WELL after 30plus years.. I still haven't.. I want to maintain my fitness and mobility levels as long as possible and also wear my nice clothes.. But this place is a great place to check in.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself pretty much daily for years. I've become so frustrated with my weight fluctions I put my scale in my car so I wont be tempted. I am going to TRY to weigh myself once a wk from now on.
  • bettybop022
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on Wednesdays.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    When I feel like being let down lol
  • amberlynnsinspired
    amberlynnsinspired Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday and the 1st of the month. I use to weigh myself daily but I'd fluctuate as it'd upset me. I'd only lose .2 and it'd upset me. I'd stay the same and it'd upset me. When I'd get upset, I'd wanna give up. I'd think negative thought; like this isn't working, I'm done, etc. Weighing myself weekly, I've noticed I lose every time. Now that makes me encouraged ad motivated. It shows that my hardwork is paying off. Some people can weigh themselves every day and deal with the ups and downs positively but I'm not one of those people. If you'd rather see the scale consistently go down, I'd weigh in once a week.