losing motivation

Options
been doing this for a few weeks now and have already lost 28lb the trouble is im not seeing any difference, I know its early days and im determined to stick with it but losing motivation could do with some friends to help keep me on track and share tasty low cal recipes with im getting bored of salad and veg now lol.

Replies

• 28DebRena
    Options
    You already acheived a huge weight loss. Do not give up now!!! I have only dropped 2 silly pounds, but that is due to my lack of motivation and love for chocolate. Hang in there and do not give up. Turn on the eye of the tiger and go girl, go!!!
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    Take pictures.
    You may not notice a difference when looking into a mirror, looking at the befores and afters side by side is the best way to notice the differences.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... you've lost 28 lbs in less than a month, and you're not seeing a difference? That's an alarmingly fast rate. It took me 28 weeks to lose that much.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    "Don't be upset by the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do."

1134381.png
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I agree take pictures!
    I wasn't seeing any changes either but then I looked at my before an current pictures!

You can do it!
  • mellimeter
    mellimeter Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been in your shoes - and about a year ago I posted the same type of post. Things were looser, but I just didn't feel like I was getting the results I wanted. I got frustrated, and I let go. . .I ended up gaining all of the weight back, and an additional ten pounds. All I can think about is "gee, I wish I would've stuck with it last year, and I wouldn't be working even harder now. . .I could be maintaining my weight by this time had I just kept going." I know it is hard, trust me, I know - but if you give up, it certainly isn't going to make you feel better either.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    yes takin pics is ALWAYS a HUGE motivator! switch up ur diet. get some soups, low cal bread n turkey. etc. google it. incorporate some apples and oranges and bananas. i lost the first 14 easy...and then ive plateud for 2 months. but im back at it again. cheer up. cheer up...uve been doin great!:flowerforyou:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    1 - GET RID OF MIRROR.
    2 - REDEFINE YOUR WANT

#2 is the most important. You either want this or you dont.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    28 lbs doesn't seem like a lot when you have a lot to lose does it. Well, next time you are in the grocery store pick up a 20 pound bag of potatoes and have someone throw a couple bags of apples on top of it. That's the amount of weight that your feet, ankles, knees, hips and back aren't carrying around any more.

You will start to see a difference soon.
  • danieyell1969
    Options
    28 pounds in a month !! Ive lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks and thought I was doing amazing. Dont give up and tell us yoir secret!
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It depends of course on how much you need to lose whether you can notice it or not. I found people started really commenting on my loss when I was at the 25-30 lb off range. Another motivator I did and still do, go to one of the local consignment store and buy some new to me clothes. The first outfit (sweater and jeans) I bought was probably 1 to 1.5 sizes too small, but it felt great when the clothes fit. I am now down about 4-5 sizes and continue buying from there. It's a lot cheaper and in many cases still new clothes with tags.

28 lbs is great though. A friend of mine says compare to a pound of butter, 28 of those little blocks add up
  • runningfataway
    Options
    It takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing. It takes 8 weeks for friends and family and it takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Keep going. Don't quit. Eat right, move, drink water, and be patient. You'd be amazed at the result. Fitness isn't a destination, it is a journey. Some days will be better than others. You'll be more motivated, and on top of things, and other days you'll lose your mojo but that's the beauty of it. You fall down seven times and get back up eight! I've lost 30+lbs during the summer, to gain it back because I gave up. Now I'm in it for the long run! :) Feel free to add me.
  • Dwell4Design
    Dwell4Design Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... you've lost 28 lbs in less than a month, and you're not seeing a difference? That's an alarmingly fast rate. It took me 28 weeks to lose that much.

I am with you. A pound a week is my average. Stick with it. Your hard work is paying off and you are healthier even if you aren't getting the results you want yet. Patience is something I struggle with as well, but keep at it and you will look back at where you were today and be thankful you didn't quit.
  • MarthasVineyard
    MarthasVineyard Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Keep working and tracking. You are doing amazing. it took me 7 months to lose 31 pounds! I just keep plugging and think "as long as the numbers aren't going up, I'm good."
  • Gregthree
    Gregthree Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Dont quit., 28 is a lot. Consider this.If you weighed 200 lbs when you started that is 14% of our original weight. That is a great number. Some of your lost motivation could be you not eating. Like everyone else has said. 28 pouns is a lot for 1 month. A healthy loss is about 2-3 lbs a week. Reward yourself for your work out. Get your hot fudge sunday if you desire one. This will also help you understand what you need to do to eat that. That has helped me. I need to excercise for over an hour to get my large pineapple sundae from dairy queen.. I tell you though it makes you think about what we put into our bodies vs what it takes to make room for it.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements immediately. You'll see a difference
  • nolanthephotoman
    Options
    Keep going, you know its worth doing. I try and earn my treats with extra walking. being a choc-a-holic, well trying to be a x choc-a-holic. I think you will suprise yourself by what you can achieve.
    All the best and don't give up.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    been doing this for a few weeks now and have already lost 28lb the trouble is im not seeing any difference, I know its early days and im determined to stick with it but losing motivation could do with some friends to help keep me on track and share tasty low cal recipes with im getting bored of salad and veg now lol.

28 lbs is THREE good sized newborn babies. You are doing great.
    Please feel free to add me.
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! It seems like forever but it has only been a month and you are doing fantastic! :bigsmile: This time next month you'll be glad you kept going. You don't need to limit yourself to salad and veggies. There is no reason you can't have anything in moderation - just be honest and accountable but overall make healthier choices. If you like chocolate have a fat free sugar free jello pudding made with skim milk. Drink lots of water and move (however much or little you are able) If you are like me, as happy as I am for people's successes, I can't help but compare myself at times. I am 5'7 and if I lose 50 lbs it doesn't look that much different as compared to someone who is considerably shorter than me - they already look like a totally different person. Just take it a day at a time, don't compare yourself, don't put time limits on yourself. It will come.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've been in your shoes - and about a year ago I posted the same type of post. Things were looser, but I just didn't feel like I was getting the results I wanted. I got frustrated, and I let go. . .I ended up gaining all of the weight back, and an additional ten pounds. All I can think about is "gee, I wish I would've stuck with it last year, and I wouldn't be working even harder now. . .I could be maintaining my weight by this time had I just kept going." I know it is hard, trust me, I know - but if you give up, it certainly isn't going to make you feel better either.

this is great advice! I am in the same boat. I started last year and didn't stick with it ... now I'm another year older ... the time is now. Friend request on the way! Lets do it together!