im no longer loosing weight. . .why??

Options
i lost 4 pounds in just over a week and now i have been staying the same weight for like the last week, is that normal?? ive been sticking to my 1200 calories every day and technically i should be loosing 1.5 pounds a week! help me please :)

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Yep, perfectly normal. Fluid levels, sodium intake, girly cycles,,, tons'a stuff affect bodyweight in the short term. Stick with it and watch the longer term trends. When you've been stuck for a month, then it's time to reconsider your program.

Patience is a virtue, so let's be virtuous! :bigsmile:
  • tammytoeller1
    Options
    yes it sucks I run into the same problem, but I don't sweat it as bad now. Go buy a fabric tape measure and start measuring your belly, neck, hips and under the bra line and you will see even though you haven't lost pounds per say you have lost inches and thats the important part. Everyone gets stuck on the weight but as you change your body and exercise you build muscle and yes it weights more. Track your inches each week and you will see progress =)
  • edmanski
    edmanski Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi! Hope you're doing good....
    Sounds pretty good to me! You've done well, keeping to your new life plan and making progress. 2lbs per week is the average and that's great, and healthy too!

We're certainly not on the .T.V. show Biggest Looser so expecting irrational weight loss that is "made for T.V." is unrealistic. Howver, you're doing a great job and sticking to your plan is important.

BTW - If you're working out, muscles need time to repair and the body will take on water during the repair process. It's healthy. So I hope you're drinking plenty of pure water. Also, plateau's are natural in progress. You'll hit certain points where your body just doesn't budge.

In fact, I just broke through one! It was a total barrier for me at 195 but I kept at it. I did make a few adjustments and for the first time in my life I've removed sugar which has helped alot. But it took over two weeks for it to make a difference. I was thinking, "How come I removed ice cream two weeks ago (which I love!) yet there's no change?" It took my body that long to catch up, and it was frustrating...

So hang in there and I wish you the best!
  • vinjama
    vinjama Posts: 52
    Options
    You can also try "zig-zaging" your calories. Supposedly, It's supposed to trick your metabolism (somehow) and help break through plateaus. I haven't hit a plateau yet, but I'm definitely going to try it out if I ever do.

Here's an example
    Extreme Fat Loss / Fat Loss / Maintain
    Monday / 1688 / 1840 / 2300
    Tuesday /1688 / 1688 / 1840
    Wednesday / 2026 / 2208 / 2760
    Thursday /1688 / 1840 / 2300
    Friday / 1688 / 1688 / 2070
    Saturday / 1857 / 2024 / 2530
    Sunday / 1688 / 1840 / 2300
    *Calorie cycling provides same amount of calories per week, but 'tricks' your body by constantly changing daily calories. This helps to prevent or break plateaus. Guideline only.

follow this link
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#