Diet Pills ?

Options
Hi everyone, i was just looking for some input. I have about 100 pounds to lose and was considering taking Hydroxycut max for women. What is everyones take on these kinds of diet pills? Do they work or dont work ?

Replies

• pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i-cant-even-shake-my-head-anymore.jpg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Try them and report back. dunno.gif
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Is it a magic pill?
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    There is never going to be a magic method to make you lose fat but be healthy at the same time. It took time to put it on so it will take time to burn it off.

I would say you could reach your goal within a year with logging foods and exercising. Between BMR and TDEE - 20% should be the calories to aim for and make sure when you calculate your numbers that you include regular activity and exercise that way the only extra calories burned you need to log is anything you do out of the ordinary and those would be the only calories you eat back.

Those pills will curb hunger yes but it won't do anything to teach you how to maintain or lose... I would say don't go for it, it is not worth it.
  • raynavee
    Options
    There is never going to be a magic method to make you lose fat but be healthy at the same time. It took time to put it on so it will take time to burn it off.

I would say you could reach your goal within a year with logging foods and exercising. Between BMR and TDEE - 20% should be the calories to aim for and make sure when you calculate your numbers that you include regular activity and exercise that way the only extra calories burned you need to log is anything you do out of the ordinary and those would be the only calories you eat back.

Those pills will curb hunger yes but it won't do anything to teach you how to maintain or lose... I would say don't go for it, it is not worth it.

THIS
  • theresapoynor
    theresapoynor Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What other ways are there to curb appetite because that is my biggest problem.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Fill up on the good stuff. Protein will fill you up, and if you're still hungry snack on a lot of fruits and vegetables! Avoid processed junk, and refined sugar.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a cleanse or a detox. Anything by Dr. Oz is good. Sarcasm intended.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Step away from the pills! Watch your calorie intake and exercise...that's it. Green tea is a pretty good appetite suppressant.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options

Drink a lot of water
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

Initially if you're used to eating a lot it is going to take practise or you can do something I consider a little drastic and that is fasting from sunrise to sunset for 2 or 3 days. Or a set time, 7am - 7pm sort of thing. This will reset your bodies need to eat and will make curbing hunger easier.
  • AMS44067
    Options
    I tried Hydroxicut years ago, all it did for me it made me feel dizzy.
    I took Metabolift many, many years ago before they discontinued it, when they had to takethe Ephedrine out. That stuff worked great for me, but is not available anymore.

If there is a lot of caffeine in these pills (any kind) it just gives you probably more energy, I don't know if that is enough to make you lose weight, it might for some.

I have a friend who is on HCG, she buys the injections, she claims it works, but she is not losing weight, so I don't know what she is taking it for :-)

I think there is a lot of belief involved. But if you try Hydroxicut, let us know what it does for you. Good luck!
  • ofeliagersjes
    Options
    I would not recommend pills. I have tried them and I found that they make me nauseous. Will a balanced diet and good exercise it will come off that`s what I have learned. Pills is just a shortcut too. If you lose the weight all from yourself it will be a bigger accomplishment too at the end and it leads into a healthier lifestyle.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Also, drink plenty of water!
  • BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Fill up on the good stuff. Protein will fill you up, and if you're still hungry snack on a lot of fruits and vegetables! Avoid processed junk, and refined sugar.

THIS. And water. lots of water.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the best way to curb your hunger is to eat properly and learn the difference between hunger and cravings.

True hunger means you should eat.
    Cravings you just need to learn self control. And please understand I don't say this to be harsh, I'm still struggling daily with that battle.
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    From personal experience they do not work or at least they didn't for me, I never even noticed a difference in curving hunger or any other thing that they claim they are going to do. i finally found something else that does work for me, i just wish that I could get all the money that I spent back :( but oh well live and learn
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options

Try to get in as much fiber, protein, and complex carbs (fruits, vegetables, whole grains) as you can. These kinds of foods take longer to digest, so they keep you full for a longer amount of time.
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a smarta$$ with my reply.

I just started on this on Jan. 3rd. At first it was very hard, but over the past week or so it's become much better. I drink at least 8-16oz of water with each meal. I plan my whole day's food out in advance, if I can. I exercise so that I can eat more. I don't feel like my appetite is out of control anymore.

Everyone here has very good advice. It really is best to avoid diet pills. They really don't work in the long run.