beauty marks on face?? WHY!!

Options
lovelyMYlovely
lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
ok so i was lying down with my daughter and she asked me what this little brown spot on her arm was... i noticed it was a beauty mark..... so i noticed she now has 2 but when she was born she didnt have any...

I have some on my arms and my legs and neck.. but I have 5 tiny ones on my face!!!

why do people get these marks? and why are they called beauty marks? i even have one where the "monroe" is but on the left not the right... please help..

do you guys have these on your face to or anywhere else..? why do the appear??

Replies

• JadeZaragoza
    Options
    do you mean moles?
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    When in doubt, get it checked out!
    Moles can become skin cancer. I'm having to have surgery to get one removed on my back b/c the cells are atypical and will develop into skin cancer if I don't take care of it. Not trying to scare you, but if they weren't there before, you most certainly need to keep an eye on them for enlargement or if they dramatically darken.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    EWWo not moles!! moles pop out and look gross. ** BEAUTY MARKS** they are flat and are not to big..... lol..
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    EWWo not moles!! moles pop out and look gross. ** BEAUTY MARKS** they are flat and are not to big..... lol..

Nope. Those are moles. But you can call them whatever makes you happy.
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Not a very sensitive comment.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    Moles don't always POP out and they most certainly aren't always gross, and very in size just like anything else. You mentioned Marilyn Monroe----she had a mole. If they're flat, they're freckles. Developing freckles is perfectly normal for young children.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    mmm i tried to google them but they all look so big... idk im talking tiny ones that are random places... anyways.... lol.. nevermind...

i did find out why they call them beauty marks.. because back in the old days if u DIDNT have them on ur face u werent as pretty.... lol... weird huh..
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    Moles don't always POP out and they most certainly aren't always gross, and very in size just like anything else. You mentioned Marilyn Monroe----she had a mole. If they're flat, they're freckles. Developing freckles is perfectly normal for young children.
    so is it a random freckle on the skin? because i have freckles on my cheeks and they are VERY LIGHT BROWN.... and all bunched together... but maybe im talking about a flat small mole.. lol wow i always called them beauty marks....
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    mmm i tried to google them but they all look so big... idk im talking tiny ones that are random places... anyways.... lol.. nevermind...

i did find out why they call them beauty marks.. because back in the old days if u DIDNT have them on ur face u werent as pretty.... lol... weird huh..
    Yes, especially since that's not true. They were looked upon as flaws. Merilyn was the first to have a "flaw" on her face. I believe the next big fish wasn't until Cindy Crawford. Now it's more common to have "character" as they say (like those models with small gaps in their teeth) but back then they expected absolute perfection.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have three on my face, one on my cheek that is very dark, bu flat, then two on both sode of my face than are smaller and not as dark.

I always had them, but with time they got darker.. my mother said they eventually will grow out and pop out a bit..

I will ome day be that old lady with a mole on her cheek and the hair sticking out...blegh!
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    I have three on my face, one on my cheek that is very dark, bu flat, then two on both sode of my face than are smaller and not as dark.

I always had them, but with time they got darker.. my mother said they eventually will grow out and pop out a bit..

I will ome day be that old lady with a mole on her cheek and the hair sticking out...blegh!
    OHHH NOOO lol i would get mine removed by that time..... and i dont believe that lol.... they dont pop out when ur old... ALL THE TIME..
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options

You don't have to be, you can have it removed. It's actually quite a simple procedure.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    -
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Beauty marks are a sign that you'll live longer and age slower.

People with over 100 beauty marks have significantly longer telomers (ends of their DNA) and age much better than those who don't.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options

Yes, especially since that's not true. They were looked upon as flaws. Merilyn was the first to have a "flaw" on her face. I believe the next big fish wasn't until Cindy Crawford. Now it's more common to have "character" as they say (like those models with small gaps in their teeth) but back then they expected absolute perfection.
    http://www.experienceproject.com/question-answer/Why-Are-They-Called-Beauty-Marks-And-Why-Do-We-Get-Them/75066

i have more links saying that they were considered BEAUTIFUL hints the name beauty marks...lol
  • JadeZaragoza
    Options
    I have 2 small moles like the ones on the photo probably lighter because they`re fairly new, maybe 2 years..and I love them, I think they give me personality! I definetely think they'r sexy!
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    I have 2 small moles like the ones on the photo probably lighter because they`re fairly new, maybe 2 years..and I love them, I think they give me personality! I definetely think they'r sexy!

I like them too, i think they add character. But, if they get all big n juicy, i will remove said character.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few moles, including the monroe kind. Runs in my family. I'd love to be able to afford to have them all removed. I do see a dermatologist once a year to have them checked out--there's too many of them for me to keep track of and remember if anything has changed or not. I've had two taken off over the years that looked suspicious but turned out to be nothing.

My husband's side of the family gets skin tags.

Hopefully my daughters don't inherit both!