How low can you go?

Options
I've found a few sites that offer suggestions for good weight for your age / height, but none of them seem to agree. I don't want go go under my my weight limit, but I'd like to be decently close.
I'm 18, 5ft 6.5inches.
I've heard anywhere from 108 should be the lowest to 124 and the highest ranging from 154-168. Thoughts? Also, what would be a good calorie limit for healthy weightloss? I'm a waitress and a full-time student, so I am moderately active.

Replies

• bungholesoup
    Options
    First try to track what you would normally eat for a week, just to see how much youre already eating to maintain your weight. This approach is better than going far to low and starving yourself from the beginning. Cut your calories slowly Id say by maybe 50 cals each time you hit a plateau. Another thing to consider is just doing a little bit of cardio each week, by doing that you could eat more. Everyone is going to have different advice as specific calories and macroratios you should use but what it really comes down to is what works for you. Taking me for example im trying to gain weight and am currently eating 2500 calories, 280-300 grams of it are from carbs and i actually lost a pound this week :|