less sugar fruits?

i am stuck with my weight loss since 2 weeks now, someone recommended less fruit, cuz of the sugars. well i tracked my sugar now also, and see... i m supposed to have 25, but have 90 today!!! OMG!
on the other hand, i dont understand weight watchers then. they have unlimited fruit, right? weird!

since i dont like veggies that much, any suggestions on low sugar fruit?

Replies

• BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Pretty much all berries. Most of the rest are higher sugar.
  • theevilstepmom1
    theevilstepmom1 Posts: 1 Member
    Check different types of apples. They have varying amounts of sugar in them.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Berries and grapefruit are lower sugar
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    grapefruit! its good for weightloss too!;) its not that low on sugar but has a low glycemic index score which balances your blood sugar!
  • Helenov
    Helenov Posts: 56
    A naturopath once told me that fruit grown in tropical areas has higher sugar than fruit grown in northern climates. More sun = more sugar.

So apples, pears, plums, blueberries, any northern berries really, anything that grows in cooler areas tends to be lower in sugar.
  • I'm really in love with strawberries these days! Strawberries and raspberries both go really nicely with my greek yogurt on top of whole wheat crepes for breakfast.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    I do Atkins and they say Strawberries, blueberries and cantaloupe are low sugar but if you are doing weight watchers, why are you concerned with sugars? Aren't you supposed to track points? Or are you just trying to do something to kick start your Weightloss again? If that's the case and you are watching calories, you may want to increase your caloric intake for awhile to boost your metabolism.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    This discusses the whole Weight Watchers unlimited fruit thing. Obviously fruit isn't bad for you....Its not going to make you fat...but it can slow down weight loss because of how high in sugar/carbs. I have cut fruits out of my diet right now until I'm done losing. I will reintroduce them during maintenance.

My biggest suggestion would be to get yourself used to eating vegetables. A lot of it has to do with preparation. Just experiment. You'll find things that you like. :smile:

http://www.shape.com/weight-loss/food-weight-loss/ask-diet-doctor-fruit-really-free-diet-food
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Don't forget raspberries! Very tasty by themselves as well as on everything!
  • sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    thanks guys, i m not doing WW, just my own thing. i was looking to be around 1200 and 1500 calories a day. and after a wonderful first week of weight los, i am stuck ever since (since 2 weeks now) thats why i was watching out for sugars. and i love strawberrys, just thought they had a lot of sugar.
  • sabimausl85
    and angelams, thanks for the link, very helpful, maybe thats what keeps me from loosing weight. but fruit i eat is either strawberrys, apples, banana, tangerines or grapes. plus i count the fruit calories into my plan too...
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    This is why i stopped WW.

I eat a lot of fruit now, but back then it was a massive overload, and wasn't held accountable for binging.

Not that it matters imo. Its fruit. Low Sugar, High Sugar, its still better for you than pretty much anything else with Sugar added.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    I like mandarins (cuties, clementines, tiny oranges, w/e you'd like to call them). A serving size is 2, and it has 14 grams of sugar overall. I get these at Trader Joe's, if you have one.. or you can pretty much get them anywhere. A perfect sized serving, for me anyway! Good luck!
  • If you're concerned about your sugar, have you thought about portioning out your fruit? For example: instead of a whole banana, have about 1.5 ounces of it which is about half of a medium sized banana. Or clementines? They are so juicy and yummy.. You can just peel them and eat half or how many halves you want. Sooo good. I cancelled WW. It just wasn't working for me. I found it to be a waste of money. If anything MFP has helped me and it's free and I didn't have to waste my money doing so.
  • Frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries...ahh lol
  • sabimausl85
    just made a list,
    this all is per 100gr.
    first number is calories, 2nd number is sugars

Raspberry, 52, 4
    strawberry, 32, 5
    blackberries, 43, 5
    plum, 46, 7
    cantaloupe 34, 8
    peach 39, 8
    nectarine 44, 8
    kiwi 59, 8
    pineapple, 48, 9
    blueberries, 57, 10
    pear 58, 10
    tangerine 53, 11
    banana 89, 12
    apple granny smith 80, 13
    grapes red seedless 69, 15
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    it doesn't matter. Eat whatever fruits you want that fit into your macro targets.
  • sabimausl85
    chrisdavey, i am having a plateau. 3 weeks total of a diet. 1 week lost 9 lbs, week 2 and 3 just stuck, and i try to figure out why. i thought maybe the high sugars in fruit?! calories stay around 1300 each day.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Pretty much all berries. Most of the rest are higher sugar.
    Yup.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    i am stuck with my weight loss since 2 weeks now, someone recommended less fruit, cuz of the sugars. well i tracked my sugar now also, and see... i m supposed to have 25, but have 90 today!!! OMG!
    on the other hand, i dont understand weight watchers then. they have unlimited fruit, right? weird!

since i dont like veggies that much, any suggestions on low sugar fruit?

whoever gave you this advice should be ignored on all issues concerning weight loss and fitness