Anyone tried SENSA yet? Just wondering if it works.

Options
I ordered a 30 day trial of SENSA and I am skeptical...does it work? I haven't remembered to sprinkle it on my food yet.

Just wondering if anyone had success with this product or if they think it actually works?

Emily

Replies

• kaikea
    kaikea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If it makes food taste so bad you don't end up eating anything then it probably works.
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If it makes food taste so bad you don't end up eating anything then it probably works.

No that is not how it is supposed to work. It contains what they call tastants which are supposed to make you feel like you are satiated quicker by enhancing smell. Unfortunately, if you read the reviews, it does not sound like it is working for most people.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    No.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine tried it.. it didn't work for her.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Another useless diet scam. If you do a search for Sensa, you'll find plenty of past threads on the topic.

[ETA:] Also, some people have reported difficulties in getting the company to stop their auto-billing once you've ordered.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in anything that says you can eat whatever you want (without specifying moderation) and lose weight. The best thing to do is watch what you eat and exercise. But since it was free and all, I guess I'd give it a try and see if you notice any differences.
  • Shelialouise66
    Options
    Good luck with it. I haven't tried it but read many reviews that it doesn't work and people had a hard time getting the automatic delivery cancelled and their credit card kept being charged.
  • johnhubbs
    johnhubbs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just completed 30 days. Didn't notice any change in food taste. Just noticed it made me feel full and this cut my proportions. Didn't get hungry between meals. Started Sensa and Gym workouts Jan 1st.

Scale indicated down 30lbs yesterday or 7.58% loss
  • momofmnm
    Options
    Just completed 30 days. Didn't notice any change in food taste. Just noticed it made me feel full and this cut my proportions. Didn't get hungry between meals. Started Sensa and Gym workouts Jan 1st.

Scale indicated down 30lbs yesterday or 7.58% loss
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I just looked it up, and yikes! Here's a website that did some sleuthing and background checking on the stuff and it's proposed properties.

http://www.healthhound.org/2010/05/sensa/41574.html

Good luck getting your money back. I guess nothing really makes losing weight easy. It's all sweat and determination, I'm sorry to say.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    its my 3rd day on it right now. it hasnt really made me satisfied quicker or anything yet but its still early so idk
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I used it for about a month and always forgot to sprinkle. But when I did, I got full quicker. HOWEVER... the main ingredient in Sensa is Silica... you know, the stuff they put in shoe boxes and bags and such to keep them from absorbing moisture that specifically says DO NOT EAT! Yea... so I quit taking it.

The best way to do it is the good ole' fashioned way!! Hard work and sweat :drinker:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Their commercials imply it's fairy dust.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I would never try this, especially because one of my goals is to learn self control with food, and this would just be a cop-out.
  • BeginItNow
    Options
    Sensa probably DOES work.. the only problem with ANY kind of 'get skinny quick' products is you have to use them for the rest of your life if you want to maintain the benefits..

IT IS MUCH BETTER to learn to eat the RIGHT foods at the RIGHT times to gain the nutritional and weight loss benefits. THATS THE TRUTH they dont tell ya.

It is cheaper and just better for you in the long run. Think about when you are 45 or 50 and you have problems becuz your body forgets how to use vitamins and minerals properly.. Take it from someone that has done it all, and at the end of a long journey.. the most direct path is the best.

Just eat a balanced, calorie correct, nutritional diet. And you will succeed for the rest of your life, not just for the summer!

:o) BEST of luck to you!
  • chonji4ever
    chonji4ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nothing out there works or even helps...you have to take in less than you burn.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I used it for about a month and always forgot to sprinkle. But when I did, I got full quicker. HOWEVER... the main ingredient in Sensa is Silica... you know, the stuff they put in shoe boxes and bags and such to keep them from absorbing moisture that specifically says DO NOT EAT! Yea... so I quit taking it.

The best way to do it is the good ole' fashioned way!! Hard work and sweat :drinker:

SIlica is in most drinking water. It's particularly high in that expensive Fiji bottled water.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    negative
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    NO

nonono_zpsf5bca560.gif