Do you eat anything after dinner?

Options

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I always keep calories for an evening snack/dessert nornally a low cal oatmeal muffin and a glass of milk. If I'm still feeling like snacking after I drink a tea.
  • TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I always have a snack after dinner. Can't go to bed hungry.
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that you should try not to eat within 2 hours of going to bed. I don't know if it is right or wrong, but I do it anyway.
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I live for my bedtime snack! Look forward to it everyday :)
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day.

I usually try to save a treat for the evening because I do love chocolate and there is no need to cut it out!

While I type I'm having mini pancakes and an orange!
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that you should try not to eat within 2 hours of going to bed. I don't know if it is right or wrong, but I do it anyway.

As far as weight loss goes I don't think there is a lot to that, for me anyway. I was told by my GI doctor to avoid eating 2-3 hours before bed mainly because of heartburn or gi issues! :happy:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have my last 100 calorie snack and tea between dinner and bedtime. I recently read an article debunking the whole don't eat past a certain time lore and chose to beleive it mostly because I love eating a late night snack before bed. the sweeter or carber the better. But please notice my ticker I'm just starting out so don't listen to me.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm sick I eat throughout the day for the most part, small snacks keep me from getting hungry and wanting to eat a ton.
  • jessca1983
    jessca1983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Like some other posters have said, I can't fall asleep if I'm laying in bed thinking about how hungry I am (and I'm much more likely to be tempted to binge if I try to make myself do that), so I do usually have a snack shortly before I go to bed. I make sure I save 200 or so calories for this purpose, or sometimes I'll eat back some of my exercise calories here. A lot of nights it's a small piece of dark chocolate and 10 almonds, but sometimes it's peanut butter and carrots, yogurt, pudding, an orange, ect.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yes! I leave room for an evening snack from 7-9pm. After my evening workout, usually a cup of chocolate silk, slice of light whole wheat toast with 1 TSP of peanut butter, 1/2 banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon.....gets me through the night. YUMMY
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    yep.l i eat dinner around 6-7 pm and go to bed around 11pm. So i make sure that theres space for something between dinner and bed. if i have no calories left (never happens but anyway) i can get by on iced green tea. Which I make in the traditional way - water, tea bag :p
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I dont eat after dinner because it sets me up for binges. I close the kitchen as soon as dinner is done.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry. I'm usually less hungry earlier in the day and more hungry at night, so I just make sure to plan my evening snacks and leave room for them.
  • lindsayletcher
    lindsayletcher Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have veggies and a scoop of nut butter (peanut or almond)
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I "graze" all day long, to include close to bedtime.

If you look at my diary you'll see my snack list from the entire day equals way more calories than most of my meals.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I do snack at night but i try to only snack IF I AM HUNGRY. i am a boredom eater!!!! If I feel the boredom monster coming it is best for me to go upstairs - away from the kitchen - and read, watch tv, kettlebell or get on MFP!!!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Almost every night I have a rice cake with peanut butter and banana while I read in bed.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    If i got room i like to fit in a Smoothie.

If not, some Watermelon.

Im trying to get off the sweet late night snack, so fruit atm works perfectly for me.
  • DivineDee
    Options
    I spread my calories throughout the day most of the time so that I can have an evening snack. I might have a smoothie, a 100 calorie snack, Skinny cow ice cream, jello, yogurt, an apple. Something low in calories. But, if I don't feel like a snack at night I don't eat it even if I am below my calorie goal.
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I eat after dinner pretty much every single day. Jut something small, a 100 cal popcorn or low cal icecream snack or something. But I have lots of calories left when it comes to dinner/night time eating since I eat light lunches and very light breakfasts. I personally, cannot adjust my calories, Ive tried eating more in the morning and eating light around dinner/night snack but I go to bed hungry and unhappy. It just works for me to eat the majority of my cals later in the day. But if you can do it with no problems, then go for it.