Budget HRM (uk!)

Options
Hey
I want to get a HRM that counts calories burned - I go to a lot of classes, such as cxworx, body combat, pump and balance which claim to burn 290, 737, 590 and 290 (ish) respectively. If this is true than wahey! But I have no way of knowing. I underestimate the cals, I think I do 200, 500, 250 and 200 or something when I log them, but I dont want to be selling myself short - or long if Im totally wrong!!!
The weight is coming off and I am toning up but Ive been stuck at stalemate for a couple of weeks, that said Ive lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks, it just came off in the first 2.
Im looking to shift another 25 pounds, which I know isnt a huge amount but I want to know my figures.

Anyway, calories being the big thing I want to be informed of - which HRM is good? I really dont want to spend a fortune, but I will if its worth it I suppose!!!

Replies

• rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 which does the trick in terms of calorie burn, and I pretty much use it every day except my total rest day.
    The FT4 is a little cheaper, and does the same thing.
  • phillipspage
    phillipspage Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've got this TargetFitness one with watch and chest strap. Does the job perfectly fine for me--different modes, laps, current/average heart rate, beeps to keep your heart rate in the "zone," all that jazz. It was about £30 from Argos. To be fair, though, entering the personal info was a bit of a hassle. I was a bit nervous about it being cheaper than most decent ones, but I haven't had a single problem!
  • langurmonkey
    Options
  • loubylou3
    Options
    http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/lloydspharmacy-watch-and-heart-rate-monitor-35281

this is the one i have and i like it, although i havent had another one so dont have anything to compare it to. hope this helps :)
  • JasonsSoulMate
    JasonsSoulMate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ebay has the Polar FT4 for about 70 Au dollars on ebay from the UK. Might be worth a look. This one you can wear swimming as well, I know you like to swim. I ordered one last week and it arrived today in the post (through an Au supplier). It had good recommendations from friends who use it.
  • 2013queen
    Options
    thanks.... those of you who didnt mention calorie burn - do they do that?!?!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    asda do a calorie burn/heart rate monitor for £19.99 :wink:
  • phonypony
    Options
    I have a polar one and it tells you cals burned based on your HR and weight age etc. I have heard Polar is a very reliable and good quality brand so I recommend them.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    thanks.... those of you who didnt mention calorie burn - do they do that?!?!

Some do, some don't. If you want that feature (which by your post you do) make sure it has that feature.
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Try Decathlon.