This Program and Gastric Bypass

Options
Has anyone else in the forum ever had Gastric Gypass I did three years ago. I am allowed 1270 calories a day according to MFP and I'm wonding how this affects me since I'm gastic do the same calorie rules apply to me. I want to take off about 50 more pounds which I've already lost 10 of by using this site and application and I really like it but is there anyone else out there that has Gastric and this program is working or not working for them. Just looking for some insight.

Thanks,

Marcella

Replies

• NeverTooLateForChange
    Options
    Hello, and welcome. I had gastric bypass in July 2012. So far I have lost 71 lbs and I have another 60 to go. It has not been easy. I have been a slow loser. I work out alot and watch my calories. I changed my settings to 800 - 1000/ day based on my nutritionists recomendations at this point in my post op journey. What does yours tell you as far as calories at 3 yrs post op? I think you can change and tweak your settings until you find what works for you. There are lots of post ops on here that have been wildly successful using diet and exercise. It is on going. Good luck to you. Add me if you like. We can do it together.
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Im 9 months post bypass......Thus far 136 pounds down. Like never said.....tweak the numbers to were it fits your requirements. Friend me if you want.
  • manda91003
    Options
    I spoke with my nutritionist today and she said that we can follow the caloric guidelines that MFP sets to help us maintain and lose/gain weight but that we need to adjust the protein/carb/fat %'s accordingly. This obviously wouldn't be the case for someone who is being asked to follow their surgeons guidelines for the first 12 months(or whatever that timeframe is)..but since you are several years post op I would imagine this would be appropriate for you.
  • XxMarcella85xX
    XxMarcella85xX Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 71 Pound weight loss that is amazing.