How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Jayeskay
    Jayeskay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday morning - but if I don't like what I see (due to salt/water, whatever) will have another go the day after, or the day after that, until I see numbers I like and log the good ones! ;-)
  • SNOflake888
    SNOflake888 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself every morning. I like to see the numbers go down, even if it's only a little bit. I try not to worry if they stay the same (I'll admit that I do worry if I gain a little... despite people telling me I shouldn't!) I just started on the 20th, and so far my weight has been going down so that means I'm doing something right, I guess. If it goes up a little, I can make better choices to make up for it (like less salt in my diet, drink more water, etc)

It's definitely a personal choice and one thing isn't going to work for everybody.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I weigh every two weeks...but I don't always log it...I'm changing that now though :)
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Every 1.5 weeks.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Once a week and even at that it's probably too often. My weight fluctuates a couple of pounds if I'm bloated, TOM.... so I try not to get frustrated. I prefer measurements and I take those once a month.
  • Nurseblondy
    Options
    Twice a day, once at morning and once at night. I don't know how healthy that is. I am kind of obsessed with it.
  • Piefje
    Piefje Posts: 1
    Options
    Every morning, but I log the Friday weight.
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I started on my fitness regime I was using the noom app.
    It would set you tasks to complete each day - be it completing your food diary or recording your exercise. If you hadn't set enough goals it would ask you to weigh yourself. It asked me to weigh myself 2 or 3 times a week. But I found that my weight fluctuated a lot during the week and this put me off and made me feel I wasn't acheiving. After about 2 weeks I gave up.
    Since the start of 2013 I had discovered MFP and I like how you can record everything you want and it isn't nagging at you!
    I schedule in to weigh myself first thing on a Saturday or Sunday morning before I do anything.
    I empty my bladder and strip off and climb on the scales.
    In a way though I have been itching to weigh myself during the week but have stopped myself as I want to keep it at the same time each week.
    Your body weigh fluctuates through fluid and food intake during a day. So it is best to set a time to weigh yourself so you know there won't be too many differences in results.
    But it is all down to personal preferences. :)
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Every morning.

"Trying" to reduce it to 2x month :-)
  • MelodyWyble
    MelodyWyble Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know what alot of people say, but I weigh myself all the time. I gain weight very rapidly (thyroid disease) and if I don't remind myself that I need to watch it I can gain 5+ lbs in one weekend.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I really do not weigh my self, if I do it's just once a month. I really try to go on how my clothes fit. I used to weigh all the time but it did make me so ferustrated and caused me to eat less so to combat that I just don't weigh as often. As long as Im watching what I eat and logging here and of course working out with all my effort then I should be ok.
  • mzann88
    mzann88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning as soon as I wake up and make sure to log it because I like to see the progress in a daily form. Even if I gained a pound or two, in the long run when I've completed my goal, I'd like to look back and see how quickly or how gradual losing the weight was.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    everyday
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily & it automatically syncs to MFP. BUT the last 2 days I've had no display on my scales despite changing batteries.....and I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. If I was female I would do it once a month.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Wednesday. Main reason, too often can be depressing because of the up and downs of everyday. If I wait longer than a week, the little food devil starts making deals in my head ... "You have two weeks until weigh-in, you can splurge and have plenty of time to make it up."

So basically once a week is enough to see the changes and keep me honest with the food, any more often is detrimental to my mental outlook, and any less often makes me slip up on my eating plan.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every morning. Any loss no matter how slight is encouraging, any gain increases my conscious to make good choices throughout that day.

Same routine/reasoning. Works for me.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily with the expectation of it being off 2 lbs in either direction. I'm more concerned with long-term trends but I use the daily data to chart this.