Ladies - do you log your period weight gain?

Options
So each month I gain 2-5 pounds the week before my period and then it goes away (this is very frustrating!!). Should I log that as a gain. My weigh-in days are Fridays. I hate to see my pounds lost number go down. What does everybody else do?

Replies

• squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Myself I just weigh and record even my period gains. frustrating but hey ho :grumble:
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Never
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't log it....I only record weight when I lose. :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately. Always nice to see it drop off the next week though.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I don't. My body fluctuates so much day to day that I would drive myself crazy. I weigh myself each day and only record losses. If I went of track for a while and gained actual fat and not water weight, I would add it.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    No. If after a week the scale hasn't gone down then I would because then it's not period/water retention anymore.
  • Cambiovida
    Cambiovida Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was pondering this same question this morning. I have been doing everything as usual...eating right, exercising and this morning when i weighed in I noticed a 2 pound gain... then I thought my monthly is about to start like in the next day or so... so do I record this weight or give it a week? I decided to skip recording my weight this week and just resume when my monthly has gone. I will stay on point with eating and exercising and it will show on the scale again in a week or so :-)

Congrats on the weight loss so far!! You have done a great job!
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Nope I don't
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention that today...every week until now, I just record as normal every Thursday morning and those gains and losses are just part of it.

Today however, I made an exception to that rule. I hit Onederland last week at 199.2. I am NOT going to record a weigh in back over 200 today even though I know 2 or 3 of it is due to TOM. It may be cheating, but my ego needs it!! LOL!
  • irenematilda
    irenematilda Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough, I was just talking about this on another thread, and yes, I've decided to. I weigh every day though, and I'm not sure my confidence could handle looking at the gain (or even just lack of progress) that I would be virtually guaranteed to see twenty-five percent of the time if I were to weigh weekly.
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    LOL NO. I only weigh once a month right after the TOM. There are too many fluctuations. Take your measurements in inches/cm :)
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hell NO! :devil:
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    No. If after a week the scale hasn't gone down then I would because then it's not period/water retention anymore.

^^^ agreed.
  • jeawashko
    Options
    hell no. like someone else said, after a week, maybe. but definitely not during.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOPQc_R6Txi5sF75GhQWKGo8R-Zy7x0dxZY4Hijss2UV2BTghF
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    I try to keep it at my lowest "true" weight. I kind of know when it's just a water thing, and I try to keep it real. If I put every gain and loss on there, I would drive myself crazy. Loss is so much more motivating, and that's the goal at this point.
  • amanda_catherine
    Options
    no but i log the chocolate i ate while pmsing :D
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    No, I weigh myself once a month, and its 2 weeks after my period starts , so mid month.
  • aynhagenbarth
    aynhagenbarth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    no! I just wait until the next week. no way. It's silly when you know what's going on. :)
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Nooooooooooooooooooo. :)