Yoga Class Question

Options

Replies

• loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Definitely go. My gym is a small corporate gym in my work building. My usual yoga class if often more guys than women! I find it so interesting the strength poses they do with ease that I struggle with (I can't even get into side crow. One of the men does it with his legs straight out to the side!). Who knows, a guy in the class might add to the class for everyone.
  • healthyloserxxx
    Options
    Know what you mean...We had a lady moaning and groaning, 'I can't do this', 'You're killing me'....totally ruining our zenlike mood...lol. She didn't return...not what she wanted, I guess.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've done yoga for 19 years, and in just about every class I've ever taken it's been almost all women with just a few men. And in those 19 years, the only time I've ever thought that one of those guys was a bit weird is when I've seen men who obviously have NO CLUE what to wear to a yoga class. Even then, my thought hasn't been "you're weird" but "I feel sorry for you, trying to do yoga in jeans shorts and a leather belt."
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I've only been the "only" guy in class once. Usually there are 3-4 guys in a class of 15-25.

A lot more important things in life than to worry about going to yooga class & being the only guy.
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    the only time I noticed guys in a yoga class is when they are beautiful and I need to sneek a peek while their flexing.
    I take classes with mostly women, sometimes a few guys, lots of old people. It's like church, everyone is welcome :-)
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all there are a few men in my yoga classes. Doesn't bother me or phase me one bit. Yoga is great and not just for women! Men shoudl get the benefits too :)

And one of those benefits is being the only straight male in a room full of hot, sweaty, flexible chicks, that have a lot of free time on their hands. You won't have to creep them; they'll come up to you.

Go get your yoga on, son.

Sorry to say but this is BS. Never have I seen a girl/woman go up to a guy in class and start flirting...we take our yoga seriously. It's not social hour or a place to pick up guys.

Been hit on plenty of times in classes.

Maybe it's different where you are, but in our classes talking isn't allowed since it ruins the "mood" not to mention our classes are so challenging I know the last thing on earth I worry about is talking to any guys in class lol
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I attend a Yoga class and a Pilates class. There's usually only a few guys there and sometimes I'm the only guy. I'm there to work out and am too busy concentrating on doing the moves correctly to notice anything else. I assume the women in the class are focusing on their moves as well.

Life's too short to worry about what other people think. You can't control what they thinnk anyway so why care.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all there are a few men in my yoga classes. Doesn't bother me or phase me one bit. Yoga is great and not just for women! Men shoudl get the benefits too :)

And one of those benefits is being the only straight male in a room full of hot, sweaty, flexible chicks, that have a lot of free time on their hands. You won't have to creep them; they'll come up to you.

Sorry to say but this is BS. Never have I seen a girl/woman go up to a guy in class and start flirting...we take our yoga seriously. It's not social hour or a place to pick up guys.

Maybe it's different where you are, but in our classes talking isn't allowed since it ruins the "mood" not to mention our classes are so challenging I know the last thing on earth I worry about is talking to any guys in class lol

Well not during, but definitely before/after
  • BaileyBoo13524
    Options

Well not during, but definitely before/after

I do hot yoga so maybe that's the issue most people look like hell afterwards lol
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I think I would notice a guy in a yoga class, but not in a bad way. Probably a lot of the women in the class would find that appealing. Go and enjoy increasing your flexibility!
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    There's usually 2 or 3 guys in my yoga classes. But the most hardcore one of all is a guy ... with one hand. Seriously, he does yoga with one hand and a hook. He's my role model.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Normal happening for me. I usually try to get on the front row so they know I am not there just to check them out. Seems to work for me. The benefits far outweigh the thoughts of strangers.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Where does your class take place? Because I never want to go there.
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yep, totally the wrong idea...you obviously are just there to check out all the yoga butts...

Kidding aside...I'm not sure I've ever even remotely cared how many guys are in the class...now if their downward dog looks better than mine...well then we have a problem...seriously, namaste and get your yoga on.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My yoga classes tend to be smaller so we usually only have one or two guys there (besides the instructor, who is also a guy) - I think it's great. I certainly don't suspect they have ulterior motives for being there. I mean, I do, but ...
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Yep, totally the wrong idea...you obviously are just there to check out all the yoga butts...

Kidding aside...I'm not sure I've ever even remotely cared how many guys are in the class...now if their downward dog looks better than mine...well then we have a problem...seriously, namaste and get your yoga on.
    My yoga classes tend to be smaller so we usually only have one or two guys there (besides the instructor, who is also a guy) - I think it's great. I certainly don't suspect they have ulterior motives for being there. I mean, I do, but ...

If I ever did attend a yoga class, I wouldn't be there to check out the women.

But if I can keep my wife from catching me, I might as well make the most of it.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Sooo... i love doing yoga,,, a new yoga studio has opened that is very close to my house but I have heard from a friend that pretty much every class is alll girls/women

So question, is it weird if there is just one guy in a yoga class? Does it give you the wrong idea of him ? Just want opinions on the topic! thanks!

Question for you: I go to the gym to work out and the weight room is chocked full of men only. No women, except me. How does that reflect badly on me? And who cares?
  • BaileyBoo13524
    Options

Where does your class take place? Because I never want to go there.

That's fine I love where I do yoga and I personally think that any gym or a fitness class isn't the place to flirt or socialize. It's distracting. That's just my personal opinion of course there will be people who disagree.
  • RistinaWin
    RistinaWin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a problem at all. There's rarely more than 1 guy in any yoga class I've taken and I've never thought anything of it, neither has anyone around me that I've talked to. :bigsmile:

Go and have fun!
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    I personally never pay attention to who is in my class. So I say go, enjoy your self!