Replies

• eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    yeh true but then are gluten free
  • eleanoreb
    Options
    Excellent idea, I'm gonna try a vegan version, wish me luck ;) Thanks for sharing, don't listen all all those negative brutes - they're all just hungry and taking it out on you ;) Also, I for one love the rustic shapes, whoever said a pancake is not a pancake unless it's round was one dull *kitten* motherf***er

And to the other haters who said it's an omelette; a pancake is a cake cooked in a pan - eggs and bananas are most certainly acceptable as cake ingredients

This recipe isn't " Pancakes- 2 ingredients only, traditional just like grandma made", it's a variation on the pancake. As with all variations and "low in" recipes, you need to open your mind to new ways of eating foods you know. Gah!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kels1120
    kels1120 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I make these allll the time. They are great! I always add a little cinnamon or pumpkin spice. They are really filling and great if you are trying to eat clean.
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    Bump
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    For the record, I'm not hating.. just giving my personal point of view, as someone who has made them.

I think vanilla extract may help.. I'll try that too.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Basically a banana omelette then!

Looks good though and will definitely give it a try once I get some bananas in :smile:

It really doesn't taste like it though. And if you use a blender to mix it you really can get a good pancakey texture.

Also it's great if you throw some blueberries on top just as you put it on the griddle.
  • _LA_
    _LA_ Posts: 111
    Options
    Wow, I am so not a fan of those fluffy cakey pancakes - these look sooo good. Almost crepe-y. I HAVE to try them!! Thank you so much for sharing this!!
  • Karrie4
    Karrie4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I make this recipe too; though find that they fall apart easily. Do you have any tips for this?
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a two-ingredient pancake recipe too!

1 cup pancake mix
    2/3 cup water

- Blend cold water and mix together with a wire whip. Batter will be slightly lumpy. (Do not overmix.)
    - Pour slightly less than ¼ cup batter per pancake onto lightly greased and preheated 375°F griddle (medium heat).
    - Cook pancakes 1-1¼ minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning only once.

This is my favorite pancake recipe too! Passed down from my father, the Saturday morning cook! :laugh:
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Basically a banana omelette then!

:sick:
  • jamezyjamez
    Options
    1 scoop protein powder, 3 egg whites (liquid)....BAM

sounds awesome!
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Will have to try these as well. Gluten free pancakes, yum!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    I have a two-ingredient pancake recipe too!

1 cup pancake mix
    2/3 cup water

- Blend cold water and mix together with a wire whip. Batter will be slightly lumpy. (Do not overmix.)
    - Pour slightly less than ¼ cup batter per pancake onto lightly greased and preheated 375°F griddle (medium heat).
    - Cook pancakes 1-1¼ minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning only once.

heres your 'two ingredient' pancakes:
    http://blog.fooducate.com/2010/08/29/bisquick-a-shortcut-loaded-with-trans-fat/

Here’s what you’re getting in the Bisquick box:

Enriched Flour Bleached (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Dextrose, Salt.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    May I ask? What did you cook it in? Maybe that's the difference..

I cooked mine in coconut oil.

just conola oil. i've never made them without a load of blueberries though
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Funny that this thread is here! I actually made these today, I did one whole egg, one egg whites, then one banana.

And honestly, it wasn't that tasty....banana flavored eggs, that was all.

I made then in coconut oil, added a little cinnamon..it was lacking in the taste department ( very bland) BUT.. some people LOVE them.

never really felt like mine tasted eggy. I just do one large egg, one large banana. was going to try it with egg white only or egg beaters. probably going to try the cinimon too
  • eleanoreb
    Options
    heres your 'two ingredient' pancakes:
    http://blog.fooducate.com/2010/08/29/bisquick-a-shortcut-loaded-with-trans-fat/

Here’s what you’re getting in the Bisquick box:

Enriched Flour Bleached (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Dextrose, Salt.

agreed!!
  • D_barre_addict
    Options
    Who knew a healthy, easy, and awesome low cal idea would cause such a stir! It seems so straightforward to me, cannot wait to try it this weekend, thanks for sharing!!
  • D_barre_addict
    Options
    Also definitely agree, it's laughable to think we could compare the two!!
  • eleanoreb
    Options
    haha Awwww thanks :) Barre addict! hope you are having a great visit with your sis