Ladies - do you log your period weight gain?

Options

Replies

• wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Heck NO! Then again, I don't log mine when i have a true gain either. I am waiting until i lose again, I am almost back to where I was in the fall. I do log every chocolate I eat....and that is daily whether it is PMS or just a regular day.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I still look at the scales, and if there's only a 1-3lb gain then I just ignore it and get on with it - if after a week that 1-3lbs isn't gone then I log it as a gain.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Yep. Slippery slope if I don't.

Besides, then I get to log that I lost weight later.
  • terriblyn
    terriblyn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I weigh but don't record it, but I'm kind of a glutton for punishment. This month I gained 6 lbs during my TOM!! I couldn't help but jump on the scale and stare in horror...like a car wreck... :)
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Never...why would you even want to do that when it's temporary? I go up around 4-5lbs then the day after it's all gone, I just don't log that week. Having to up my weight every month would be an absolute pain, not to mention a downer.

I weigh everyday to keep an eye on the gain during it though.
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    No way, makes me way too sad!
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Well, I see it this way:)
    We are women and we fluctuate a lot! It is just how our bodies work. I wouldn't try to fight/deny it and just embrace it. Don't let it go to your head, don't beat yourself up. Just look at those number and LOG THEM. You know what it is from so you don't have to stress and it is pretty dang neat to see a pattern later on. I like graphing the way my body loses, the body is a wonderous thing. Seeing patterns in your body is even cooler. At least thats how I see it, what you do is totally up to you :)

I never gained weight on my period, I lost like 5lbs every time I got on it lol I am so the complete opposite of a lot of people. ;p
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Nope..in most cases it's a false reading.
  • amiscci
    amiscci Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I do weekly weigh ins and, yes, I still weigh in that week. It's not that big a deal to me, as I know it's going to be gone by my next weekly weigh in. shrug...

^^^ this
    I'm just starting maintenance and I weigh every day. So long as the longer term trend was in the right direction, I tried not to freak over a 1-2 lb gain. Water retention happens. If that's the cause, it'll resolve itself.

As you get to or close to maintenance, we need to come to grips with the fact that that number will always be changing within a range if you're doing it right :-) . Hopefully it fluxuates up/down by a small amount but it's not likely you'll "hit the same number" on most days At all hopefully evens out over time, and if it doesn't and that trend is up for too long, it's time to go Plan B-- calorie restriction/exercize-- before it gets out of hand. Thats my plan.
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't log it....I only record weight when I lose. :)
    This
  • ZAislandgal
    Options
    I stay FAR away from the scale that week! It is not really a true reflection of your effort.....
  • Lovett123
    Lovett123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Nope! I stay away from the scales that week
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I didnt even record my christmass gain!! So hell no! x
  • sassy_sadie
    sassy_sadie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    No. I can gain up to 8 lb during that time. It's not real, so I don't count it.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    sure if it happens during my weekly weigh it gets logged the good bad and the ugly it is what it is.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yes I log it. Kills me to do it but it's great to see the loss really increase the next week.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't record my weight on a weekly basis. I just weigh myself most mornings when I get up, and when the weight is a new low, I record it. I don't worry about a few pounds over; weight fluctuates. I'm just looking to see a new low number, then I know I'm losing.
  • stellabobella79
    stellabobella79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I will be logging it, but I only have had 1 period since starting MFP and I hadn't weighed myself before.njustnthink about it this way...it's a bummer to see the weight pile on, but what a relief to see the weight back off the following week.
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    A day or a couple days before I start, I'm retaining water weight so I actually log that and then if my period hasn't ended by that weigh in then I just wait ;) That way I can count how much water weight came off with whatever else that did. :) Makes me feel like a champion haha.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I avoid the scale that week. I don't weigh myself regularly as it is - once a month or so, because otherwise I get frustrated.