Almond Milk

Options
kar328
kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
I just bought some. Just had to throw that out there since I've always made a face at the idea before. And do it here where people wouldn't laugh - definitely not a Facebook status.

It really does taste like almonds :drinker: Weird :wink:

Replies

• Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I just bought some. Just had to throw that out there since I've always made a face at the idea before. And do it here where people wouldn't laugh - definitely not a Facebook status.

It really does taste like almonds :drinker: Weird :wink:

I LOVE Almond milk. I was also surprised that it tasted exactly.. like almonds.

If you like coconuts, try the coconut almond! it's bangin' yo!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love the unsweetened coconut almond milk, also the plain unsweetened almond vanilla!
  • ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i bought some on my way to work this morning to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't think it tastes much like almonds at all. It actually has very little taste, which isn't surprising since it's mostly water. It tastes good with chocolate protein powder though.
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Will have to trying some bangin' yo coconut almond!! YO!
  • newmangrrl
    newmangrrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I bought some to try to substitue as coffee creamer but I don't care for it. I hate wasting things so I have been using it for protein shakes and its pretty good that way.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Will have to trying some bangin' yo coconut almond!! YO!

YO! It's BANGIN! True story, yo!
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Try the Simple Truth Vanilla Almond Milk. Simple Truth is a new brand of organic Kroger Foods. The Vanilla Almond Milk tastes like cold....liquid......marshmallow creme.........yum....
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of it straight up but always use the unsweetened almond milk in cereal, oatmeal and the occasional smoothie!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I don't think it tastes much like almonds at all. It actually has very little taste, which isn't surprising since it's mostly water. It tastes good with chocolate protein powder though.

Yes, it does. Almost like an Almond Joy in a glass. :laugh:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened in smoothies and for cooking. I like it added to my flavoured teas too. If you use unsweetened it's abig calorie savings over regular milk and you don't have to worry about the phytoestrogens in soy.
  • KpieS86
    KpieS86 Posts: 18
    Options
    I bought some to try as a sub for milk in cereal and was excited that it's not an overwhelming taste. My fiance likes it too so we've fully switched over to Almond milk now. It works out in baking recipes too! I don't like it coffee though, since it's unsweetened, but I've been using SO Delicious Coconut Creamer and it works out great! Trying to go dairy free where I can, but man, cheese is just so good!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Yes, it does. Almost like an Almond Joy in a glass. :laugh:

Well, I'm glad it doesn't taste like that to me. I hate Almond Joy.
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I was also very pleasantly surprised that I like Almond Milk. I'm somewhat lactose intolerant and now I can enjoy a bowl of cereal or glass of milk with a meal. I also use it in my morning smoothie.

Once when I ran out of regular milk, I poured it in that jug to see if my kids noticed anything different in their cereal. They didn't. It was my secret. :-)
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk. I even switched to the unsweetened original almond milk and LOVE it! I did not know that coconut almond milk existed! I cannot wait to try that now!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I also decided to try it and Iike it! Not bad at all.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I love the unsweetened coconut almond milk

We just got this because it was on sale and I thought it seemed VERY watery. Sunday, my son wanted a bowl of cereal with regular milk, I used the almond milk instead and he chowed down and brought his bowl to the kitchen saying, "that was the best bowl of cereal in the world!" I told him I used the almond milk in it and he gave me a death glare. :laugh:
  • teamdj1
    teamdj1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I get the Blue Diamond brand vanilla flavor. Its 45 cals per serving. it taste just like ice cream. It is so good. I never thought i would of liked. :happy:
  • roolmc
    roolmc Posts: 47
    Options
    I really like almond milk, both sweetened and unsweetened. I tried hazelnut milk and didn't get on with it at all which is odd since I like almonds and hazelnuts equally. I haven't tried the other types of milk out there, like coconut, oat, and rice.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I add vanilla sweetened almond milk to my coffee in place of half and half or a super sugary coffee creamer - it works so much better. I also use it when I make hot cocoa. I use unsweetened, unflavored almond milk in cooking, including mac and cheese - adds another flavor to it that I love!