Goal weight for 5'4" girls?

Options

Replies

• wannatangle
    wannatangle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 years old, 5'4" tall, and my goal weight is 115.........but I'd be very happy with 117 or 118. I am very small boned. Right now I'm sitting at 125. My highest weight was approximately 130.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and a half and my goal is 135, because I look good at that weight. I think whether your goal is 110 or 160, as long as you feel comfortable, are confident, and are healthy, then that is a good weight for you.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Technically I'm 5'4.5" but... close enough... My goal is between 135-140 lbs.

It's a tricky height because some women look phenomenal and super healthy at 115 and other's look amazing at 150. Everyone is built a little differently.
  • emjoyhar
    emjoyhar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I weigh about 150. My new goal weight is 130, the last time I weighed that low, was when I could barely eat... but I'm also built with a lot of thick muscle, so I'm hoping to cut down on that and stick to a healthy eating plan.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    My goal is 115 but I will reevaluate as I build muscle - I might be happy at a higher weight if I'm tight.

eta I'm about 121 right now and a size 4 in jeans - when I weighed about 150 I was a size 12/14.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I agree that BF percentage is a good way to go as well. I know my goal is about 23%.
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    Im also 5¨4 , my goal weight is 145 lbs, or 65 kilos for this year. Maybe i will try and loose more 10 lbs, but i will see how i feels . I weight arround 166 lbs or 75.5 at the moment.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4", 47 years young. Originally my goal was 125 and I did hit it in May 2012 with tons of cardio and 1200 calories a day but to stay there was just too strict for me so I started lifting heavy and gained 10 lbs yet I still wear the same size so i'm basically ok, where I' am at 135t. I wouldn't mind dropping another 5 lbs for summer but I refuse to go back to eating so little and so much cardio to get there.
  • suvernscorpio
    suvernscorpio Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What really interests me is that there is so much to take into account when working out ideal weights. It shows that age, happiness, muscles and bone structure have so much to do with it. I was always told by my mum when growing up, that my family are heavy boned. As I got older it was evident. I got down to 122 Ibs when i split up with my husband years ago. My family and friends were worried about my health because I looked so ill at that weight. Yet some of you lot are obviously looking good at that point and we are all round about the same height. Now anything under 140 is good for me.
    Interesting :)
  • Krecob
    Krecob Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but for me I'm thinking 110-115 lbs. Currently I'm 140 or so, haven't weighed since about mid December. I have a lot of fat to lose and it feels like once I lose the amount of fat I want I'll be around that weight...
    Thoughts?

I'm also 5'4" and my highest weight was 140. I'm currently 115 and considering going down to 110. It really depends on your body shape/type and how much muscle you have as to what weight will look good on you.

How How How did you lose that weight!!! Im currently 140 and want to be 115!
  • lulu113
    lulu113 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and pear-shaped so my goal is to be a size 8. I have no idea what weight that will equate to since I'm focused more on burning fat and becoming leaner. My guess is it will be around 140 lbs (which is how I set my ticker).
  • 55sc
    55sc Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm not a girl, I am a woman in my mid-50's. I am just over 5'4" and my goal weight is 145. For me, that is both attainable and maintainable. When I've been that weight in the past, I wore a 8-10 and felt good about my looks and health.
  • mtiheartmuscle
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and weigh 125. Try not to focus on the number, focus on measurements. Muscle DOES NOT weight more than fat, but it's more condensed and you will lose inches but gain pounds. Example: If you take the same size fat and the same size muscle, the muscle will weight more.

SUCCESS is not measured by the scale. :-)
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", and 149. I want to be 110-115. Really I want to be a size 4, so if I reach that before I get to 110-115, then I'll stop. I remember in high school (I was the same weight as I am now) that I was told to lose weight by my dr when I was between 125 and 135. And this was later in high school, not the first year or two. I was 16, 17, 18 at the time. Uggghhh. Mentally, I hear that all the time.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I am 5'4.5 and my goal weight is 110-115!!!
    As of right now i am at 124 and i wear a size 1 or 3 in pants. Just looking to slim down some more.
  • usafamedic
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and don't have a set weight I am aiming for. I'm focusing more on fitness and muscle tone. Ultimately I'll be happy with anything between 135-145. At my most fit, I weighed in at 142 and was very happy with that.
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 y/o and 5'3". Before I got pregnant I was 115 lb and very lean. I thought about losing more b/c I have a small frame, but honestly I could hardly find grown up clothes that fit, which was a major deterrent. For me it started to get a bit obsessive- that number became too important, but no one wants to see a mom swimming in size zero clothes- its just sad. My husband also did not want me to lose any more weight (I already started with tiny breasts, so losing more weight would have made me look like a 10 yo). Why don't you start in the 120s and see how you feel. I also think the pp idea of aiming for body fat % is awesome! After this baby is born I will have to invest in a fancier scale!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" with a small-to-medium frame and I weighed 115 when I had 18% body fat and okay muscle definition. If you want to weigh that much you are going to have to have an extra small frame, a pretty low body fat percentage and not much muscle on top since you are 3 inches taller.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    115ish. I was 117 with some muscle before I got pregnant. I'm doing cut to 115, then bulk/maintain up to 120. I ideally would like to be a size 0/2 again.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Over 50 and shooting for 135. At that weight I can wear an 8 and that's cool with me. Working on muscles this time around as well. :bigsmile: