Replies

• Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Men who do yoga = HOT.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Not weird at all there are a few men in my yoga classes. Doesn't bother me or phase me one bit. Yoga is great and not just for women! Men shoudl get the benefits too :)

And one of those benefits is being the only straight male in a room full of hot, sweaty, flexible chicks, that have a lot of free time on their hands. You won't have to creep them; they'll come up to you.

Go get your yoga on, son.

Sorry to say but this is BS. Never have I seen a girl/woman go up to a guy in class and start flirting...we take our yoga seriously. It's not social hour or a place to pick up guys.

This reminds me of the time a woman was hitting on my husband after yoga class. (We'd arrived separately so our mats were nowhere near each other.) So after class thins out, I'm stuck just standing there waiting for this woman to stop flirting with my husband so we could leave, and she keeps throwing me dirty looks like "go away, I saw him first." When my husband finally said good-bye and turned to me to say "let's go," I'll never forget the look on her face. Actually, I felt kinda bad for her but it was amusing just the same.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all there are a few men in my yoga classes. Doesn't bother me or phase me one bit. Yoga is great and not just for women! Men shoudl get the benefits too :)

And one of those benefits is being the only straight male in a room full of hot, sweaty, flexible chicks, that have a lot of free time on their hands. You won't have to creep them; they'll come up to you.

Sorry to say but this is BS. Never have I seen a girl/woman go up to a guy in class and start flirting...we take our yoga seriously. It's not social hour or a place to pick up guys.

This reminds me of the time a woman was hitting on my husband after yoga class. (We'd arrived separately so our mats were nowhere near each other.) So after class thins out, I'm stuck just standing there waiting for this woman to stop flirting with my husband so we could leave, and she keeps throwing me dirty looks like "go away, I saw him first." When my husband finally said good-bye and turned to me to say "let's go," I'll never forget the look on her face. Actually, I felt kinda bad for her but it was amusing just the same.

It's amazing to me what some women will do lol
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious that this is even a question. In India, yoga is almost exclusively a male pursuit.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Sooo... i love doing yoga,,, a new yoga studio has opened that is very close to my house but I have heard from a friend that pretty much every class is alll girls/women

So question, is it weird if there is just one guy in a yoga class? Does it give you the wrong idea of him ? Just want opinions on the topic! thanks!

Question for you: I go to the gym to work out and the weight room is chocked full of men only. No women, except me. How does that reflect badly on me? And who cares?

Theres a difference between a weight room with your personal choice of equipment, excercise, reps etc, and it's a bigger, open space and most of the time people have headphones on...and a yoga studio which is smaller and more compact...and I care, which is why I asked this question on the internet on FITNESS SITE
  • frozen2late
    frozen2late Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As a yoga instructor, I can honestly say that A LOT of men do yoga. 99 percent of my classes had men in them. And.. a man is who introduced me to yoga.

At the end of the class, we are all just energy and it doesn't matter.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Two of the best yoga teachers I know are men.

p.s. Yeah, of course yoga class is not a pick up joint (during class), but it is not uncommon, over time, for people to meet people in yoga class either as friends or for dating (it's a better way of meeting and getting to know someone than bar hopping or standing around the produce section of a grocery store waiting for prince charming to pick out some fruit and accidentally touch your hand). It's not my personal experience because I'm married and have been for a long time. But, I make friends in yoga class, so why can't single people meet people as well.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

you should consider switching to Baileyboo's studio.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious that this is even a question. In India, yoga is almost exclusively a male pursuit.

Yeah, but this isn't the case in America at all. I'm poking some fun at the OP but I know why he asked the question and I've wrestled with it myself. Then I manned up and did what I wanted to do. But I did pause and ask myself the same questions he's asking here
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Men who do yoga = HOT.

^^totally agree! But seriously, I hope more men would see the benefits of yoga and get over the fact that it`s something that only women do. I AM seeing more men of all different shapes and sizes starting yoga so it's a great sign:)

I also have to say that my running group is mostly women too. Nobody is looking at the handful of men in the group as "weird" and by the same token nobody in a yoga class will either. Never seen it happen. Unless you're ogling...lol So consider yourself lucky and enjoy!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    If you are there to gain the benefits of doing yoga, the others will recognize that and accept you as part of the group. If you are there to hit on them and not gain the benefits of working out, they will recognize that as well and you'll be labeled as "the annoying guy that is only there to hit on them" person.

If you are worried that by doing yoga, you'll be categorized as "Not straight", then you have bigger issues.

Yeah, this is a good answer.

Exactly what I was thinking too :smile: Former-Marine here and I've done yoga. It's just one more type of group fitness class and same rules apply as any other. Go, do your thing, be respectful of others.

Namaste