Looking for Others with Hypothyroidism

Options

Replies

• morseck
    morseck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I have hashimotos - I was diagnosed about nine years ago. It really is so much harder to lose the weight. Feel free to add me.

This is totally untrue. Everyone is different. I am 34 years old and was diagnosed with Hasimoto's Thyroiditis as well. I found that once I started and realized I could control my calorie intake and activity just like everyone else. I lost 63 pounds. I have done it since 7/21 of this year. If I can do it, so can everyone else. I only used this application and have now (since this week) began exercising about 20 minutes 3 times per week.

I wish you all the luck in the world. I think more so than the disease, you are your own obsticle. My mother said it is easy to put a disability or an illness in the way of your success. She said, you are either a factor or an obsticle in your own success!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Same here...I'm on medication for it, and APPARENTLY it's supposed to level me out so weight loss isn't supposed to be any more difficult for me than anyone else. WHATEVER... :laugh: I think it is simply a matter of being unique.

It's all good...Nice to see I'm in good company.

Is anyone else on meds?
  • taciturnity
    taciturnity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I have hypothyroidism too. I'm 25 now. I wasn't diagnosed until I was about 18. But I definitely struggle with it. It makes losing weight harder, but I don't want to use it as my excuse anymore. Feel free to add me (anyone on here). :) Love to support and be supported :)
  • emrod83
    emrod83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am Hypo as well. I had partial thyroidectomy in late 2010 due to goiter and started on thyroid meds 4 months ago. Still working on getting my levels right but it's a work-in-progress! Feel Free to add me =)
  • morseck
    morseck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i have hypothyrodism. i will send you a request! anyone else feel free to add me too! i was diagnosed a few years ago and they keep having to mess with my meds cuase my levels are never right. :-/ but since september i have lost 25 pounds and i log every day! :)

AWESOME!! Also, for all of you on Synthroid or Levoxil or levothyroxine, think about Armour! I worked on finding the right meds for over 15 years. This is more difficult to titrate, or find the perfect dose, but it has no side effects because it is natural thyroid hormone. Best part, paying for it out of pocket at Walmart costs about $6 per month!!
  • tbrey0
    tbrey0 Posts: 16
    Options
    You are right, it is true that more women have hypothyroidism than men. Thanks for your reply!
  • Amaryllisbloom
    Options
    I'm hypo. I've been medicated for a little over a year. Right now, I'm taking 200mcg Levothyoxin, and my THS levels are at 46. I've got no friends yet, and I'm really not sure if I'm doing this right. But' if you add me I'm sure I will eventually figure this all out. lol
  • tbrey0
    Options
    Hi! It is good to meet and support others with hypothyroidism. Were you diagnosed after you created your profile? It says you have no health conditions.

Oops! This was supposed to be a reply to Eatyourselffitter only.

I'm still trying to get used to this message board :-)
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I was hyperthyroid but had my thyroid removed when I was pregnant with my last baby (who's 2) so now I'm hypo. I ended 2011 at 210lbs and thanks to MFP and Jillian Michael's DVD's, I'm down to 162lbs. It's been a long, hard road but it's been worth it. Feel free to add me, if you'd like. Don't give up, keep working hard and you'll beat your body into submission.
  • TammyS3
    TammyS3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also have Hashimoto's. It makes it very difficult to lose, and yes, very easy to gain. But, I'm so tired of the weight, I'm determined!!!!
  • tbrey0
    Options
    You are right, it is true that more women have hypothyroidism than men. Thanks for your reply!

Oops! This was supposed to be a reply to Misterbuddos only.

Still getting used to this message board (again)! :smile:
  • misterbuddos
    misterbuddos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No problem! It's interesting to read how others are coping but yeah, it's a bit strange being a guy with it. Hey, could always be worse!
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I also have Hashi...diagnosed 2.5 years ago...it makes weight incredibly hard to lose, but I have and I want to lose a little more, but am struggling....feel free to add me.
  • Andrea419
    Andrea419 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I have hashimotos - I was diagnosed about nine years ago. It really is so much harder to lose the weight. Feel free to add me.

This is totally untrue. Everyone is different. I am 34 years old and was diagnosed with Hasimoto's Thyroiditis as well. I found that once I started and realized I could control my calorie intake and activity just like everyone else. I lost 63 pounds. I have done it since 7/21 of this year. If I can do it, so can everyone else. I only used this application and have now (since this week) began exercising about 20 minutes 3 times per week.

I wish you all the luck in the world. I think more so than the disease, you are your own obsticle. My mother said it is easy to put a disability or an illness in the way of your success. She said, you are either a factor or an obsticle in your own success!

Well, great for you for not struggling, but please don't tell me it wasn't hard for me, because it has been damn hard. Am I correct that you've only been diagnosed in the past year? It's really awesome that you've managed to become such an expert in that short time.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am hypo aswell.... i have hashimoto disease.....
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have been severely hypo since my teen years. It's managed well by medications. I'm here for support.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. diagnosed 20 years ago. when i was 18. It sucks. im in the uk and get no gp support at all.
  • musicrocks133
    musicrocks133 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 5 years ago and I finally understood why even though I exercised and ate well I was still gaining weight. I am on medicine right now but if I don’t take it for 3 days I can go up 5-6 pounds like that. The doctor is still trying to “control” it but we’ll see. Feel free to add me.
  • smurfaggie07
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism as well, and am on levothyroxine. Not sure the dosage. I see my endocrinologist in March. Wish it were sooner.

Edited to add I have PCOS and IIH as well. All three seem to work against me to lose weight.
  • MistySom
    Options
    Yep, on meds. However it is hard to regulate so they are always changing them. soemtimes it even seems to mess with my brain. HAHA!