Week 5

Options
I have been using this system for five weeks now, eating 1200 calories daily, to the T and exercising MORE than I actually put in the system that I would do. Walking 2-3 miles daily at a pace of 3.0 or more, using my Wii fit daily for a minimum of 30 minutes. I have yet to lose a pound. I haven't gained either. :-) I guess I thought with all of this work I would be somewhere by now. I should also add that I am juicing fresh vegetables daily as well. Hellllppp!!!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    That's not really enough to make any judgement. What is your BMR, are you weighing and measuring food or just guessing? For me my BMR is 1094 so I can maintain quite nicely on 1300 calories.
  • Valricogirll
    Valricogirll Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What is BMR? I am weighing and measuring food, it takes a little longer, but it is worth it if it is beneficial.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ In order to lose weight successfully you really need to learn about BMR & TDEE and the nutritional needs of your body.
  • Valricogirll
    Options
    ok, thank you. It gave me 1471.
  • Valricogirll
    Options
    So, after reading that, I should theoretically be losing weight.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    ok, thank you. It gave me 1471.

If your BMR is 1471 you should be NETTING as close to that as possible. Mine is just over 1600, I eat 1600 calories a day plus exercise calories and lose each week.

Eating too little won't always speed up your results.

Search the forums for In Place Of A Roadmap and try to follow that. It is very helpful!
  • Valricogirll
    Options
    In order to maintain my current weight I should do that right? Which I want to lose weight, so then I should eat less correct?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is not the amount of calories it takes to maintain your weight. Your BMR is the amount of calories your body will use just to keep it alive in a comatose state (so, if you were in a coma the doctors would feed you 1471 calories a day through a tube/IV). That is without doing anything. Your heart, lungs, kidneys, digestive system, etc all use calories to function.

Getting up, brushing your hair, taking a shower, walking to the car, etc etc all burns more calories than that... than you add in your actual exercise.

You should not eat less than your BMR. Eating less than your BMR consistanly can hurt you... You need to ensure you are properly fueling your body.

Too large of a deficit while trying to lose weight will result in muscle loss and thus lowering your metabolism.

Check out the website fat2fit.com ... read Dan's "In Place of A Roadmap" thread (sorry, I don't have the actual link handy but if you search it you will find it). He has some great explanations and advice. Find out your TDEE and take a cut (15-20%) off of it... don't eat back your exercise calories unless you will net under your BMR (net means total calorie intake through food minus calories burned via exercise).