Wellness coach at work called me out

Options
2»

Replies

• bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    just doesn't have a very good bed side manner!!!
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I say good for you. Sure we all want to lose weight to be healthy, live longer and be able to do more with our lives. But ultimately don't we all just want to look smokin hot!?!? I know I do!!! lol
  • loranch
    loranch Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Two years ago I was seeing a physiotherapist for rehab and was very motivated to improve my strength ,balance and also expressed that I wanted to get to my normal weight range she told me any further improvements I made would be very slow and I probably wouldn't loose weight due to physical limitations. Well long story short last time I saw her I was walking with a cane and I no longer do and have been working very hard in the gym 5 days a week.
    You need to do what makes you happy and forget about the naysayers!!
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I think she was thinking from her own education and training. It's my understanding that Dieticians (not that she's one) are trying to get people more concerned with health rather than size--a lot of people who are not healthy are too concerned with size and not with health. Just my opinion though.

Great job on what you've done so far!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Don't put too much stock in what she said. If she REALLY believed her own words, she would still be working the very first job she ever had, would never put on makeup, never dress nicely and etc. I mean the basics are covered, so why continue, right? Many people don't apply the standards they judge others by, to themselves.

You got a hold of the work/reward principle and you want to continue challenging yourself. Good for you. Keep on keeping on. Just don't go off the deep end on the other side and burn yourself out and quit altogether. Which may have been what she was warning you about. As a wellness coach, she's probably seen people do exactly that.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a bad bedside manner.. a sort of -- no matter what you do -- she has something negative to say. Maybe it makes her feel in control?

She should have been more positive telling you that you are healthy now..any work you put into it now is just icing on the cake. I

If I was her; I'd ask you'd mentor someone new starting out on a weight loss journey. That would have appropriate because you've done an amazing thing turning your health around like that. Great work!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If you email with her start referring to her as your lolwellnesscoachlol. Then if she gets mad just say you're trying to happy things up with laughter...for your wellness.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Break up with her.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Only read OP. Do whatever the F you wanna do.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    i don't think you should let it put you off. I have heard "the last ten" referred to as vanity weight. So she might just be referencing that lingo.

Or she's jealous :)

Or she was trying to tell you you look good without sexually harassing you! LOL!